Ex neighbour who has dementia keeps contacting us

Rosettastone57

Oct 27, 2016
Hi I have posted before concerning my mother-in-law but this is a slightly different problem concerning an ex neighbour.
My ex neighbour developed vascular dementia and went downhill very quickly she was living on her own after her husband died and her family moved her to be near them. I've heard from her daughter that her condition has deteriorated somewhat. Our problem is that the ex neighbour keeps ringing us and leaving messages on answer machine asking us to go over and bring her home. Of course her old home has now been sold and someone else is living there.

At the moment we are just ignoring these messages but they always seem to be every evening around 5 p.m. onwards. We have informed her daughter that we're not going to keep answering these telephone calls because they put us in an awkward situation and of course cause the lady more anxiety. I have now blocked her number using BT call protect. Of course I can't make this lady's family do anything special just for us. This at the moment is causing us more problems than my own dealings with my mother-in-law. I'm not sure I want any advice really it was just a moan.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Nothing more you can do. Blocked her number and told the daughter. Does sound like she still has use of her telephone book though. Suspect you are not the only one she is ringing.