Effects of physical activity for people living with dementia

Ana-Carolina

Mar 20, 2018
Dear all,

I am a physiotherapist working in a dementia ward and I am also conducting research at the University of Southampton.
I am currently working to reach a consensus of what are the most important effects of physical activity for people living with dementia, that should be measured in all research studies about physical activity.

To do this, I have listed all possible effects of physical activity for people living with dementia, that have been researched in the past, and that have been mentioned by people living with dementia, their relatives and health professionals in previous interviews. Now I am inviting relatives and friends of people living with dementia, as well as professionals, volunteers and researchers, to vote on the most important effects that physical activity may have on people living with dementia, via the survey below. People living with dementia will be invited to vote as well, in round 2 of this survey, which should start in June 2018.

Here is the link for the round 1 on-line survey:

https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4220573/Delphi-round-1

This is round 1, out of 2. If you decide to take part, it is important that you do so in both rounds. If you take part in the round 1, you will receive an email with the link for the round 2 survey, in a few months. Each round should take you less than 20 minutes to complete.

I am looking to receive as many votes as possible, from anywhere in the UK (professionals can vote from abroad as well). Please feel free to pass this link on, as you feel appropriate. A paper version of this survey is also available.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like more information about this research, or if you would prefer to receive this survey on the post.

Thank you very much in advance for considering taking part in this research,

Best wishes,

Ana-Carolina Goncalves

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abba