Mum has passed away

Dino

Aug 7, 2011
Totally understand, sending you lot's of hugs. This is a terrible, terrible disease and now your mom is at peace. xxx

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Glad to hear your mum is at peace, fully understand your reaction, condolences on your loss, and strength for the next few days xx

acorns

Jan 25, 2018
So sorry to hear this Gene genie. You've had such a hard time over the last few weeks - I hope it was peaceful at the end. xxx

SnowWhite

Nov 18, 2016
Very sorry to hear this GeneGenie but we all understand how you are feeling I’m sure. take care. Xx

yak55

Jun 15, 2015
My mum passed away this morning,the first thing I said was, I'm glad,which hopefully people on tp will understand. Her life especially in the last 19 months has been awful just 1 hospital admission after another, no quality of life.
I agonised over sending her to a care home and I know although I made the descion she would of been absolutely devastated and heartbroken to have to have gone into a home.
So although I'm devastated I'm also feeling relieved her suffering is over.
God bless mum .
Thanks to all for all your invaluable help in the last month's.
I’m so sorry x

PJ

Jan 26, 2017
Bristol
My mum passed away this morning,the first thing I said was, I'm glad,which hopefully people on tp will understand. Her life especially in the last 19 months has been awful just 1 hospital admission after another, no quality of life.
I agonised over sending her to a care home and I know although I made the descion she would of been absolutely devastated and heartbroken to have to have gone into a home.
God bless mum .
Bless you I can understand how hard it must have been to watch your mum deteriorate. She is at peace now. Sending lots of love & strength at this difficult time. Take care of yourself.

fortune

Sep 12, 2014
You did what you could to alleviate the suffering this savage disease causes. I wish you all the best.

silver star

May 23, 2017
@gene genie, like others have said before, I completely understand your initial reaction. I am sure it is what many before and many to come will feel. I know my husband and I certainly will, when the time comes for his Mum. So many times when Mum is lucid she sits and cries, saying, "I hate being like this". I know you will probably have mourned the loss of you Mum, many times over all ready, but please remember there is no time limit to how long a person should mourn or grieve for. Sending kind thoughts your way.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read your sad news but I'm glad your mum is at peace now. Sending my condenses and wishing you strength.

Helly11

Apr 24, 2017
Derby
I think many, many of us totally understand where you are coming from gene genie. Sincerest condolences on your loss. xx

smartieplum

Jul 29, 2014
God bless mum .

Poor you. God bless you and your family.