Mothers Day flowers bring no joy

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Mother’s Day and some flowers arrive from my wife's son. They are lovely but to me are just one more chore. In the house she keeps saying that we must take the dog out. Once we are out she repeats that we should be getting him home. She asks repeatedly if I would like a coffee but hasn’t noticed that we no longer have a kettle. All very disheartening and I am feeling rather low.

Grahamstown

Jan 12, 2018
East of England
Mother’s Day and some flowers arrive from my wife's son. They are lovely but to me are just one more chore. In the house she keeps saying that we must take the dog out. Once we are out she repeats that we should be getting him home. She asks repeatedly if I would like a coffee but hasn’t noticed that we no longer have a kettle. All very disheartening and I am feeling rather low.
Your post made me very sad but please take heart in the knowledge that all this is beyond her. I know only too well the hopelessness of irrational thought, and have to rely on my own inner strength more and more. The forums are such an invaluable resource to help boost one’s strength.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Its amazing how a loving gesture like sending flowers can go so wrong. I had to tell my family to stop sending them! My mum would initially leave the vase of flowers alone, but very soon she was carrying it around the house, trailing water as she went and then she would remove the flowers from the vase and spread them everywhere.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
There comes a time when we begin to realise normality is too much to expect in our lives ..

Once we can stop expecting normality or stop trying to achieve it, however sad it seems, we can live with what we have left.

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
I am heartened by your responses. Mr. De Longhi is now a little richer as we have bought not just a new kettle but a matching toaster as well. Coffee and cakes at Cafe Nero helped bring me round but meant that we missed my wife's son's 3rd or maybe 4th phone call of the year (yes the same one @margherita and not much improved). He may be making a 'special effort' by missing her birthday by just a day (more usually it has been about a month) and sending flowers actually on Mothers Day. Just thinking about him brings back the negativity that I have enjoyed being without since cutting him off after the Christmas furore. I get the support I need from cycling friends,other family members and lovely people I have 'met' through TP. Thanks to all and I hope that sometimes my posts add some light to your own dark times.

Last edited:

Sammie234

Oct 7, 2016
Shropshire
I am heartened by your responses. Mr. De Longhi is now a little richer as we have bought not just a new kettle but a matching toaster as well. Coffee and cakes at Cafe Nero helped bring me round but meant that we missed my wife's son's 3rd or maybe 4th phone call of the year (yes the same one @margherita and not much improved). He may be making a 'special effort' by missing her birthday by just a day (more usually it has been about a month) and sending flowers actually on Mothers Day. Just thinking about him brings back the negativity that I have enjoyed being without since cutting him off after the Christmas furore. I get the support I need from cycling friends,other family members and lovely people I have 'met' through TP. Thanks to all and I hope that sometimes my posts add some light to your own dark times.

Friends real ones you can keep close are the best family members, children or not if they act in such a way are not worth your worry or effort. Keep well

Pedleywe

Sep 14, 2017
This is the saddest day of all,it sounds like it was overwhelming for you.My advice, just deal with what's right in front of you so that the days are more manageable.Thinking of you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife