Mum has sepsis again

gene genie

Apr 26, 2017
Well tonight I got a call from the rehab hospital ,mums breathing poor she's feeling ill,so a trip to the main hospital a&e .Great just when she was due to come home this week,so here I am still in s&e been here since 9pm ,although the rehab called me at 7.45, it took until 8.40 for the ambulance to collect my mum from the rehab hospital and bring her to the main hospital.
So far bloods been taken and general observations but that's it,we are still waiting for a doctor.
No chance mum will be home this week after all.

gene genie

Apr 26, 2017
Oh no, @gene genie I'm so sorry to hear that, just when your Mum was going to come home. I can see it must have been a very difficult and stressful night for you by the time of your post, two in the morning. I do hope that you have managed to go home for some sleep and that your Mum is as comfortable as can be expected, if they have kept her in hospital.
@Carmar thanks it's a beggar isn't it ? Believe it or not mum was on a corridor for 23 hours ,,then just before they find a bed some doctor told her oh don't worry you'll probably be home by Friday.Ahhh why do doctors do this? we have not told mum when she's coming home as if the care plan or anything else goes wrong (like her getting an infection)I just really hope that she forgets this otherwise I will be pestered to death all week

gene genie

Apr 26, 2017
Seems mum has hospital acquired pneumonia.She's been horrible as well today, I'm useless apparently ,not to mention selfish and I don't care about her or anyone except myself.Just what I needed after the wonderful weekend I've had,not helped by the staff nurse who tells me how sweet mum is and not confused at all, I'm not impressed so responded with "oh isn't she that's great the doctors must of got the altzheimers diagnosis wrong then"do these idiots not realise it's hostess mode operating.
Sorry if I seem rude but I'm pretty cheesed off.

DeMartin

Jul 4, 2017
Kent
Seems mum has hospital acquired pneumonia.She's been horrible as well today, I'm useless apparently ,not to mention selfish and I don't care about her or anyone except myself.Just what I needed after the wonderful weekend I've had,not helped by the staff nurse who tells me how sweet mum is and not confused at all, I'm not impressed so responded with "oh isn't she that's great the doctors must of got the altzheimers diagnosis wrong then"do these idiots not realise it's hostess mode operating.
Sorry if I seem rude but I'm pretty cheesed off.
My mum can be a total (insert expletive) and that’s when she’s not sick. I feel for you, deep breath, smile sweetly, and go outside and kick some inanimate object!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aliso