Changing address

Jass

Aug 24, 2015
Walsall,Staffs
Hello I’m new to this ,my mom is now in a care home for Dementia, she has two private pensions paid into two different banks , my name is on one account and the bank has been very helpful when I asked to change her address , but I’m having no luck at all with the other bank ,they will not talk to me .i must take mom to the bank she is 98 the stress to her and my self hardly seems worth it , I don’t mind the statements going to the home or my address as no money as been removed from the accounts for two years , what can I do as all the statements and bank card will be sent to her old address I will be having to pay the home with these pensions

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
You will need either power of attorney or deputyship to handle your mother's financial affairs. Without it the bank is within their rights to refuse to even talk to you. I don't understand why your mother's one pension goes into an account with your name on it - Is it a joint account?

Jass

Aug 24, 2015
Walsall,Staffs
You will need either power of attorney or deputyship to handle your mother's financial affairs. Without it the bank is within their rights to refuse to even talk to you. I don't understand why your mother's one pension goes into an account with your name on it - Is it a joint account?
Yes it is joint account that
You will need either power of attorney or deputyship to handle your mother's financial affairs. Without it the bank is within their rights to refuse to even talk to you. I don't understand why your mother's one pension goes into an account with your name on
Yes it is a joint account that as been open for years but I have never had a statement and my name as never been on the card can’t even remember being put on there but I am joint

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
As you don't mind statements going to the home see if you can get a letter from the home saying that the home is her permanent address and something like 'this 98 year old lady is unable to to visit your bank in person'.

Oasis2

Mar 5, 2018
Hello I’m new to this ,my mom is now in a care home for Dementia, she has two private pensions paid into two different banks , my name is on one account and the bank has been very helpful when I asked to change her address , but I’m having no luck at all with the other bank ,they will not talk to me .i must take mom to the bank she is 98 the stress to her and my self hardly seems worth it , I don’t mind the statements going to the home or my address as no money as been removed from the accounts for two years , what can I do as all the statements and bank card will be sent to her old address I will be having to pay the home with these pensions
HI there, I'm new to this TP, so not sure if I'm doing this correctly. Can your mom sign her signature? I'm only asking as I work for a bank

Jass

Aug 24, 2015
Walsall,Staffs
As you don't mind statements going to the home see if you can get a letter from the home saying that the home is her permanent address and something like 'this 98 year old lady is unable to to visit your bank in person'.
Thank you I could ask at the home that a idea

Oasis2

Mar 5, 2018
Hi with a push she would she is a bit shakie with her hands now
the bank should be able to give you a paper based change of address form and as long as they have your mom's signature on their system. They should be able to change her address without her being there.
Hope this helps
Take care

Jass

Aug 24, 2015
Walsall,Staffs
the bank should be able to give you a paper based change of address form and as long as they have your mom's signature on their system. They should be able to change her address without her being there.
Hope this helps
Take care
Thank you