Ever wondered why.....

silver star

May 23, 2017
Toothpaste seems to be running out faster? Left "Mum" for a couple of minutes whilst I went to get her meds, she was cleaning her teeth. went in to find her with toothpaste tube wiping it across her teeth and face! when asked what was she doing, "cleaning my teeth". Oh dear note to self, do not leave the tube near her. she looked as though she had been eating an ice cream. sorry had to share and had to laugh.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
I know, but I personally think laughter and singing help us through.
I agree 100%. My wife is the one with dementia and we laugh together at some of the silly little things - it's a relief from the sadness we feel together when a big error happens. As far as singing is concerned, we both enjoy singing at karaoke and songs are just about the only new thing my wife can now learn so I intend keeping her at it for as long as possible. Music seems to hit a spot that can't be reached by anything else. It's worth checking YouT for this if you haven't seen it before "(original) Man In Nursing Home Reacts To Hearing Music From His Era".

silver star

May 23, 2017
I agree 100%. My wife is the one with dementia and we laugh together at some of the silly little things - it's a relief from the sadness we feel together when a big error happens. As far as singing is concerned, we both enjoy singing at karaoke and songs are just about the only new thing my wife can now learn so I intend keeping her at it for as long as possible. Music seems to hit a spot that can't be reached by anything else. It's worth checking YouT for this if you haven't seen it before "(original) Man In Nursing Home Reacts To Hearing Music From His Era".

silver star

May 23, 2017
Mum can't hold a tune for toffees, never has been able to. me have always had music in my life, before mum moved in I was singing all the time, not so much now. used to go to a group called Sing Your Heart Out, was for those with MH, challenging situations, dementia and learning disabilities. Can't get Mum there, so hoping when hubby takes early retirement to help look after her I will be going back. thanks for pointer to UTube.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Re toothpaste. John would use it as shampoo and shower gel if left to himself. For some time he has lost the ability to distinguish between tubes, jars, and bottles. I am on hand at all times more's the pity