Tonight

Jean1234

Mar 19, 2015
Tonight I really felt I’d had enough. The constant battle to stop him doing things in the bathroom, I won’t go into detail, but it has something to do with the toilet and him shouting at me while I’m trying to help him just wore me down. I went into the kitchen and had a good cry telling myself I’d come to the end of the line. BUT a good cry does one good and I rolled up my sleeves and carried on. But I do think a visit to the doctor might be an idea as my head felt as if it was going to explode and I was left with a bad headache having to resort to paracetamol. Maybe my blood pressure had risen with the stress.

Samanali

Feb 25, 2018
My mum has not yet had a diagnosis but this strikes a chord I’m struggling to know what to do. She seems fine to anyone who died t know her but it feels like she is becoming lost to me. It’s very sad. I feel your pain xx

NORTHSIDE

Jan 28, 2017
Northumberland
Sorry to hear what you are going through. I can't really offer much advice, only sympathy. My wife was diagnosed with Alzheimers about 4 years ago and has gone through various phases of behaviour all of which I was despairing of but eventually came to terms with, accepted as part of the illness and managed to move on. Not to say we still don't have blazing rows when she refuses to shower or was her hands. I have stopped taking her away on holiday or to stay over at friends because I'm worried about accidents in their bathrooms/beds. Plus the fact that she can be very rude to friends or complete strangers.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day, sometimes the thing that helps you to keep on going are those odd occasions when my wife will suddenly realise that I'm worn out and will ask me if I would like a cup of tea, despite the fact that she hasn't made one for about 3 years and almost instantly forgets that she has asked. It's the thought that counts. Chin up, your not alone in this.

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
No, you are not alone....but DO go to the doctor. I was very surprised to need medication for high blood pressure, and you might be in the same position.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
I'm another one who has been put on high blood pressure tablets and statins for the first time in my life. I asked the CPN who visited John if many carers ended up with a stroke. "Thousands" was her answer. No wonder.

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
Yes definitely get checked out by the doctor - I am on medication for high blood pressure too and also something for hypothyroidism.

I'd been as fit as a fiddle until dementia entered our lives and I blame years of stress (even if suppressed for the most part) for triggering both the above conditions.

Take care of you xx

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Please visit your GP, your health is important also you may find it useful to talk face to face with someone about how you are feeling.

Guzelle

Aug 27, 2016
Sheffield
I do sympathise with you, my OH threatens violence when he can’t get his own way! I feel like an abused wife I am sick of it.! I’ve told the memory clinic and they did come and talk to him but he’s on his best behaviour and they think he is ok. He is ok some days but when he is bored he gets nasty. We have 2 cats who he shouts at and threatens he is going to kill them. They are timid cats and don’t go out a lot. They hide from him! He is on mementine has been for the past 18 months. They calmed him down but I don’t think they are having the same effect now .

nanafatana

Dec 17, 2017
Tonight I really felt I’d had enough. The constant battle to stop him doing things in the bathroom, I won’t go into detail, but it has something to do with the toilet and him shouting at me while I’m trying to help him just wore me down. I went into the kitchen and had a good cry telling myself I’d come to the end of the line. BUT a good cry does one good and I rolled up my sleeves and carried on. But I do think a visit to the doctor might be an idea as my head felt as if it was going to explode and I was left with a bad headache having to resort to paracetamol. Maybe my blood pressure had risen with the stress.

nanafatana

Dec 17, 2017
Oh Jean, I feel for you. I have been in the same situation many times.I suppose
we all think we should just carry on. i am tempted to go and have a word with the Doctor.
I feel sometimes that i am not the only one dealing with this terrible illness and should get on
with it.

Andyp101

Dec 5, 2017
I have little to add other than my support. My heart goes out to you. Know that most - if not all - of us have been there. Please go seek help and this is advice from someone who hasn't/doesn't. It is there and make use of it.

Lots of love.