Exploring Factors which Predict Strain for Dementia Carers

Iram.S

Feb 21, 2018
Hi, My name is Iram Salam, I am a student at Staffordshire University studying MSc. Health Psychology. For my masters dissertation I am conducting a study 'Exploring Factors which Predict Strain for Dementia Carers'. If you are a care worker for Dementia Patients/Residents and have cared for people suffering with dementia for the past 3 months and are over 18 I would greatly appreciate it if you could participate in my study.
You do not have to be a care worker for only Dementia patients/residents, as long as Dementia patients/residents are included in your care you are okay to participate.

The study involves answering 3 questionnaires and a demographic information sheet, study time is app. 20-25 minutes.

To participate please click the link provided, you will be re-directed to my study. The 'information sheet' will explain the study process, provide example questions from the questionnaires and answer questions such as, what will happen afterwards and right to withdraw. You will than be presented with a consent form asking you to confirm you understand the study and are happy to participate. All information is anonymous, you are free to withdraw anytime during the study and 2 weeks after completion - by emailing me your unique word.

http://bit.ly/2EpuSTI

If you have any queries please feel free to message me, my email/contact information is also provided in the study.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
Just to be clear...the questionnaire is for professional carers...not those providing unpaid care for family members? I’m not sure how relevant it is to most TP members.

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
Oops! I don’t know what to say now...but tempted to reply á la Little Britain and say ‘Yeah, I know’!

Iram.S

Feb 21, 2018
Just to be clear...the questionnaire is for professional carers...not those providing unpaid care for family members? I’m not sure how relevant it is to most TP members.

Hi, yes the questionnaire is for professional carers. It was posted here in the hope that some professional carers who visit the site will be happy to participate.

I have written a review on ‘Factors which predict strain for non-professional Dementia carers’, if you would like to know anything about my results for this review feel free to message me.

Kind Regards,

Iram

Last edited:

lambchop

Nov 18, 2011
Hi Iram,

I would be interested in the non-professional results - how can I access them?

LMJ

May 27, 2018
Hi, yes the questionnaire is for professional carers. It was posted here in the hope that some professional carers who visit the site will be happy to participate.

I have written a review on ‘Factors which predict strain for non-professional Dementia carers’, if you would like to know anything about my results for this review feel free to message me.

Kind Regards,

Iram
Hi ..
What about Befrienders / ( side by side) " carers" ??