Appointments

Dot may

Apr 10, 2016
can someone please tell me how to get a 90 year old to an appointment. He will not get out of bed. Some days he is up at 8.00am and fairly normal but others he sleeps. I don’t know what to do. If he does not get treatment he will probably go blind. Already lost the sight in one eye.

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
My gut reaction is to speak to the GP. Would a home visit be an option, or an admission for treatment as an inpatient?

Dot may

Apr 10, 2016
Thank you Amethyst59. I have spoken to a practitioner who came to see him and her reply was ‘. I see your problem”. I’ll have to toughen up. Can’t see them taking him in for routine eye and hearing tests but it is a thought.

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
This doesn’t sound like a routine test, if he is in danger of losing his sight completely. I meant more, asking the GP to arrange things for him.

Dot may

Apr 10, 2016
Amethyst59 yes, it is that serious and I thank you. i will see what the doctor has to say.
This doesn’t sound like a routine test, if he is in danger of losing his sight completely. I meant more, asking the GP to arrange things for him.