Dimebon & getting on a trials programme

trumpet

Aug 6, 2008
Dorset
Hello,
My Mother-in-law is in the later stages of Alzheimers and we are now desperate to find anything which could improve her condition. I've recently read an article on a drug called Dimebon which seems to be helping patients with Alzheimers in a trial. I have found that it's available only in USA or Russia through a GP. Does anyone have any further information on this or know if it is possible to get hold of the drug. We would of course consult our GP before her taking the drug. Also, does anyone have an information or experience from getting an Alzheimers patient onto a drugs trial? Thank you

p34nut5

Apr 17, 2008
southampton hants
Hi,

I'm in the same boat with my mum - I want her to be included in trials. Try a website www.clinlife.com which I think will be a good way to access UK trials. You can see if there are any trials local to you and you can see what research is being done.

The other thing is to contact your local Memory Clinic and find out where your closest research centre is, ie which hospital ? You could ask your mother- in -laws doctors for this information.

Why the username Trumpet by the way?

Good luck, I hope this helps.

Sue

p34nut5

Apr 17, 2008
southampton hants
Hi it's Sue again,

I meant to ask you about Dimebon? I've never heard of it? What is it meant to do for Alzheimer's? Have you heard about Etanercept?
It's has some small but very favourable trials in the US, and I think that they are hoping to fund a UK trial, probably in Southampton. Etanercept is showing to actually reverse some Alzheimer's symptoms. The fact that our doctors are hoping to do trial is promising. Look it up in Google, it made headline news earlier this year. Also, Google another drug called Rember, another recent drug which has already showing good results in an early phase trial in Aberdeen.

Sue

citybythesea

Mar 23, 2008
coast of texas
dimebon is an antihystamine that has shown some effect on AZ patients. My daughter is on it for allergies and her dr. has actually shown an interest on putting her files forth into study. She is far to young for that to show any help as for getting into studies I found that the more I got involved with AZ the more doors were opened.

Here is a link to some articles on dimebon:

http://www.webmd.com/search/search_results/default.aspx?sourceType=all&query=dimebon

HUGS

Nancy

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan