Social worker's assessment has made me feel worse!

jane s

Feb 8, 2018
Have you thought about recording your phone calls when she is in danger? Or video/photo what you are finding as evidence help is needed?
I am sure its frustrating and hurts when she lashes out at you. I am also sure that she is scared. Imagine being independent then at the mercy of God know who (in an eventual care facility).
She might be angry because she knows she is slipping and knows her life is changing in an uninvited way

As far as financials, document every penny. No one can question you then

pinkwizard1

Oct 9, 2017
Bless you, any chance you could take her back to yours for a few days, a kind of holiday for her. Ring adult services as urgency, (they are open 24/7) in your own area and shout safeguarding loud and clear to them and also you/her are in crisis. Once you say you are concerned for her /your safety they are obliged to help. Good luck x

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
When I was travelling to mums care home to deal with anything official to do with her care, ie Dols, doc appointment, anything that was above “just visiting” I claimed, as the registered poa, petrol costs at the recommended government tax costs for my 140 mile round trip - it was actually cheaper if I claimed a tank of petrol than the 45p a mile, or whatever the government suggested, so I reasoned, for every tank of petrol, that covered travel for 2 official meetings

IF ever (rarely) the sibling attended these “official” meetings, I always offered to recompense their travelling costs at the government accepted cost per mile

Being a willing poa causes unexpected expenses, and personal budgets are tight enough without adding poa expenses like petrol money to sort things

For the 7 years I had responsibility I kept every receipt and stapled them on the diary dates they related to. Once you get into the habit, it’s not so bad to do as it sounds

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JL513