Feeling so heavy and distant

NotTooLate

Jun 10, 2017
Alvechurch
toolate.blog
I had a bit of turn and now feeling heavy . it is like i can feel the weight of my body. I feel distant in my head and far away. I can close my eyes and be here all day. I feel drugged. When my son comes I know he will see some thing different. I will try and be normal. I realised that my carer only sees what I show him, or when I am acting different but not what is going on inside me. I do tell him but it is hard to make you understand what it is like really.

I am feeling so heavy, so far away. I am trembling inside, cold and feel like I do not want to be here.

writing this is so hard physical and mentally. it is hard to do anything when I am like this but if I do not then know would ever jknow.

I wonder if any body else that has dementia understands what I am saying?

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @Richard and Fin
I'm a carer so I hope you don't mind me responding
your description explains how my dad may be at times but he can't tell me
I hope it hasn't taken all your reserves to type, and that sharing is a help
you may not wish to do this; might you show your son what you've written - I'm glad he'll be visiting
best wishes

NotTooLate

Jun 10, 2017
Alvechurch
toolate.blog
Dear Shedrech thank you for your reply. My son is here and I always try and tell him. he helps me write. I am so happy with you replying I hope I did not make you feel I did not want you to. i know what your dad felt I think. It seems this hits us so different. Thank you and have a good day

San 'Fairy' Ann

Jun 28, 2014
merseyside
Hi there, I totally understand what you are feeling. I think all of us have these moments but we each have a different description for how we are feeling. Your description is very clear to me. My own way of describing this is "my circle is broken" the amount of breakage depicts the depth of my distress. Sometimes it's so bad that I have no circle at all, just fragments of my world in my head that are not connected to anything. I very rarely have a full circle but when I do it's wonderful.

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
I do my friend, i always explain it like i have net curtains over my eyes and my mind is full of fog, you are not alone in feeling like this my friend and you never will be whilst your on here, Thank you ALL moderators

i have been on here for years and yes, sometimes its not easy but they are always here for you

Norrms

Please join my facebook page on facebook also called Dementia aware

Jeanie 73

Apr 20, 2013
N Lincolnshire
I had a bit of turn and now feeling heavy . it is like i can feel the weight of my body. I feel distant in my head and far away. I can close my eyes and be here all day. I feel drugged. When my son comes I know he will see some thing different. I will try and be normal. I realised that my carer only sees what I show him, or when I am acting different but not what is going on inside me. I do tell him but it is hard to make you understand what it is like really.

I am feeling so heavy, so far away. I am trembling inside, cold and feel like I do not want to be here.

writing this is so hard physical and mentally. it is hard to do anything when I am like this but if I do not then know would ever jknow.

I wonder if any body else that has dementia understands what I am saying?

Jeanie 73

Apr 20, 2013
N Lincolnshire
This is my post I did yesterday and how I described how I felt, hope it helps.

Today is one of my “outside looking in” days! Not had one whilst at home before.
The only way I can describe it is it’s like looking on at something, but not being part of it!
Many years ago I had one of those “out of body” experiences caused by shock ie I was looking down on myself and I could see myself laying on my bed. Whilst it is not quite like that, there are similarities ie I feel I don’t belong here. So difficult too describe! I know where I am it is familiar, but I don’t feel I belong here!
I don’t know ‍♀️ oh my goodness Facebook have put a flipping angel on here!!!
The weather is also weird here heavy sky turning pink.
Reading this, I must sound totally out of my mind
Hope Joy will be down soon,
Today Monday I felt much the same, but not as bad tonight.

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
I’m so glad you shared this @Richard and Fin ...thank you for doing so. I can get so wrapped up in how it feels to be a carer, that I very often, in fact too often, forget how much worse it is for the person with dementia. You have described it so clearly, and even feeling like that, you still posted. Thank you.