A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greyone

Sep 11, 2013
UK
Before it was about Us . Now it will be about Me. Is that why some people find it so difficult to post here.
Sometimes I think the problem is understanding how we feel and finding the right words. That's me. So I try writing things down.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you so much everyone.

I have meditation this morning and a Tao te Ching study group which seems appropriate. I felt a bit nauseous this morning but it is passing.
I`ll light a candle when I get home.
It`s supposed to get easier. I feel quite sad today.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Thank you so much everyone.

I have meditation this morning and a Tao te Ching study group which seems appropriate. I felt a bit nauseous this morning but it is passing.
I`ll light a candle when I get home.
It`s supposed to get easier. I feel quite sad today.
I don’t think it does get easier Sylvia. I think we just get more used to sadness which is always in the background even when we are seemingly fine. I hope your meditation and group study helps the day pass more easily for you. x

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
Dear Grannie G...(can’t think of you as anything but that...until we meet!) I am thinking of you today. Anniversaries are so hard, we can tell ourselves it is just another day...but we don’t listen! I’m glad you have some positive things planned for today. It is a lovely photograph, he looks like he was a dear man.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you @Amethyst59

The photo is one of my favourites. Dhiren was in residential care in the later stages of dementia. We had had a very stormy and challenging ride and here he was , friends with me again, always pleased to see me and always ready to smile for the camera.

Greyone

Sep 11, 2013
UK
I wonder that the more we experience grief the lesser it becomes. But events like reflection and letting go and others have to help it along... (something to think about)

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Can hardly believe it's four years, Sylvia! Lovely photo. I was just thinking recently about how those we loved and who have gone before us, will get no older, while we will carry on getting older with each year that passes! So already, there's only 27 years between William and I! And @Izzy will be catching up on her Bill too! How weird.
Hope you had a good day, even with the sadness and did something nice for yourself.

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
Thank you Jennie @Dazmum. Its good to see you are still popping in. I hope all is well. xx

I come in most days Sylvia, just to check on various threads, but I don’t often post. My mum is still with us, 88, and what I would call spiralling down but gently, thankfully. She doesn’t know us sometimes, but on a good day, she will still light up and wave when I arrive. She can have incredibly anxious times when she will be upset and shout at people. She has little clear speech, but manages to get her wishes known, with a ‘yes’ or a decided ‘no’! She is well loved and well looked after in her care home, and we consider ourselves ‘lucky’ that we have it. I’m also so grateful that finding TP early on has prepared me for the many stages, so that I’m saddened but not shocked at each little downturn.

I hope that you were able to have something nice for yourself today xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It wasn't too bad a day but more emotional than other years for some unexplained reason.

This morning's meditation and study group was good therapy and helped . Only one of the group knew what day it was so I didn't have to cope with too much sympathy.

This afternoon was reflective and this evening was living though the final hours. It`s not happened before and I've no idea why this year was so different.

Anyway another anniversary is over and life goes on. Thank you for so much genuine support and understanding. It`s only on TP I can receive so much understanding and you are not embarrassed by my tears.

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
Over five years for me since Ray died Life goes by so fast now, I'm lonely but manage to fill my time somehow. It is natural to miss the person who for so many years was essential to our world. It is good you can find ways of honouring Dharin's memory. That is a nice photo, he certainly had a great smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.