A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Isn't the internet a wonderful thing! I has to download an internet manual for my bedroom TV this week as I had managed to get rid of the tuning! What a relief to find it online!

My bedside radio clock has a docking station for my iPhone. All I needed to do was unplug the clock so that the connection was broken. When I plugged it back in and put my iPhone in the dock it automatically changed to the iPhone time!:)

We`re doing well Izzy. :) I'm thrilled to bits.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s felt such a long day today, I even checked the time on the television to make sure I`d only turned the clock back one hour. I've never had this experience before.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Same feeling for me today @Sylvia. Usual Sunday morning walk, coffee and shops. We even added in my friend having a subway so there was no meal preparing when she got home. I looked at the clock, It was just before 3pm. I thought it had to be at least an hour or maybe a bit more but no my IPad said my clock was right. Really weird. It’s been one very long day, even this evening has gone slow.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Same feeling for me today @Sylvia. Usual Sunday morning walk, coffee and shops. We even added in my friend having a subway so there was no meal preparing when she got home. I looked at the clock, It was just before 3pm. I thought it had to be at least an hour or maybe a bit more but no my IPad said my clock was right. Really weird. It’s been one very long day, even this evening has gone slow.

Thanks @Jay. I'm glad it wasn't`t just me. A peculiar feeling.

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Me too. The afternoon dragged. A poppy seller at the door was the highlight.. People in the little town near here have been knitting poppies, and will decorate the plinth beneath the town clock. Strange things people do. Remembrance Sunday will be hard here; rob nd I used always to watch on TV. In earlier days he sometimes laid a wreath.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I found it a long day as well. I was lucky to have a long phone call from David towards the end of the afternoon. He'll never know how grateful I was for that call!

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I always hate the first day the clocks go back and wish it didn’t happen. I don’t want the extra hour in bed, I spend enough time awake there as it is and then the darkness falling so soon in the afternoon.
That it’s a Sunday doesn’t help either.
It’s freezing today too. Long-sleeved Heatgen on!

*I swear if that calendar intrudes on my post one more time I might throw the iPad at the wall!
I’m not the most accurate typist in the world and the iPad having its own idea of what I intend to stay doesn’t help but it was certainly easier to post on the other site when nearly every back correction means something from the top bar dropping down!

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I'm another who doesn't like the clocks going back. I wake at the first streak of light anyway, so I woke yesterday at around 6.30. I had mum, dau & SIL & grandson and my brother (who returns to Singapore today) here for lunch and the afternoon, so that passed the day. And of course the new kittens are certainly keeping me entertained!! I hadn't realised how silent my house had become! The thunder of tiny paws as they chase each other around, the play fighting, and of course, I talk to them a lot! I remember saying to someone after my last cat died that I really missed just having another living, breathing presence in the house. And since the kittens came on Saturday, I've realised that I had really missed the sound of contented purring! It's amazingly relaxing!

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I'm another who doesn't like the clocks going back. I wake at the first streak of light anyway, so I woke yesterday at around 6.30. I had mum, dau & SIL & grandson and my brother (who returns to Singapore today) here for lunch and the afternoon, so that passed the day. And of course the new kittens are certainly keeping me entertained!! I hadn't realised how silent my house had become! The thunder of tiny paws as they chase each other around, the play fighting, and of course, I talk to them a lot! I remember saying to someone after my last cat died that I really missed just having another living, breathing presence in the house. And since the kittens came on Saturday, I've realised that I had really missed the sound of contented purring! It's amazingly relaxing!
That’s so lovely to hear Lady A. Having an animal in the house makes such a difference and I’m so pleased you have found the ones that suit you best. I’m being reintroduced to cats now as my daughter has added a kitten to her menagerie of 4 dogs and he is very sweet. I grew up with lots of cats - as well as dogs - but due to developing a bad allergy to them in my teens I have since learned to avoid them. I’m hoping I might have outgrown it now.

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
That's so nice, Lady A, to see that you're comforted by the kittens, and especially their purring...

I have visiting dogs, and sometimes a cat wanders in, but am resisting taking on a dog or cat of my own as ono of our sons lives abroad and invites me to stay, which means finding someone to keep the pet company...

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Loving memories every day but especially today, the fourth anniversary of Dhiren`s passing.
Dhiren May25.jpg

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I can't believe it's 4 years Sylvia. I love that photo of Dhiren. Thinking of you today.

Status
Not open for further replies.