A Miracle has happened

daisydi

Feb 25, 2015
Norfolk
Just popped in to see mum. She was up having spent the last 24 hours in bed but she is not right. She has reverted back to the angry old lady scowling and just saying "no" all the time. I am hoping that this is just a blip but it is horrible to see her like this again. Such a shame as she was doing so well until the fall down the stairs a week ago. I suspect that she may be in a bit of pain with her injuries. She is terribly bruised and has a nasty wound on her foot that must hurt. Fingers and everything else crossed.

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Daisydi, does she have any medicine for pain? Could she be given anything? Paracetamol? You could try a low dose for 24 hours and see if it makes any difference, as long as it's not contraindicated for her?

daisydi

Feb 25, 2015
Norfolk
Daisydi, does she have any medicine for pain? Could she be given anything? Paracetamol? You could try a low dose for 24 hours and see if it makes any difference, as long as it's not contraindicated for her?
Hi Amy yes she is having pain relief and antibiotics for her chest. She doesnt really tolerate heavy pain killers but I think she is just on paracetamol. Will check tomorrow. Thanks

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Just popped in to see mum. She was up having spent the last 24 hours in bed but she is not right. She has reverted back to the angry old lady scowling and just saying "no" all the time. I am hoping that this is just a blip but it is horrible to see her like this again. Such a shame as she was doing so well until the fall down the stairs a week ago. I suspect that she may be in a bit of pain with her injuries. She is terribly bruised and has a nasty wound on her foot that must hurt. Fingers and everything else crossed.
That's disappointing but hopefully she will become comfortable again once the bruising subsides.

fenellawriter

Jul 22, 2016
Wivenhoe Essex
How wonderful. I'd give anything for my DH to be able to talk to me. Our daughter and son in law are moving to the US on 1st February and he doesn't' know that when she comes next week that will be the last time he'll see her for months, possibly ever.

daisydi

Feb 25, 2015
Norfolk
Mum is improving very slowly. At least her speech is back although she is still under the weather. She is still covered in bruises but I feel quite confident now that she will continue to improve to at least where we were before the fall down the stairs, well I hope so ....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976