just lost my mum

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
hi lady a good to hear from you,yes had a bad back for years but at the moment its playing up especially at night,just gotta keep me fingers crossed it gets better before next week ,maybe osteopathe tomorrow,im 50-50 with moving away,ws going to leave it to after big ride see if i miss here or not

That's a good idea.

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
hi havnt been on here for long time,im still struggling with losing mum,i try an keep busy but she is never far from my thoughts and never will be,i have become bit of recluse and all my friends support seems to have disappeared as for my brothers family i hardly hear from them,i went to a rememberance service at the church where she is buried few months ago,my family knew about said they were coming but no one turned up,everyone else had familys there i was the only one on my own,since then i havnt mixed with them as everytime i would see them the sister in law who didnt help and stopped my brother from helping his mum takes great delight in telling me all the needless rubbish she has been buying with mums money,im trying to stay positive but find it difficult my cycling training has tailed away as i got injured mid summer and it looks like my big bike ride will have to be put off for another year,i was going to quit work and cycle from joh o groats to lands end to raise money for local dementia home where mum went to day centre
there are positives i won the roses cup again and had mums name engraved on the cup well it is her garden they came from,my music project has really taken off and had good write ups in the press and another trip abroad in jan to look forward to

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Sorry to hear about your injury, @webby123 Hopefully you'll soon be fit again. Well done on the winning roses, too. Are you escaping to some warmth and sunshine in January?

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
hi lady a,good to hear from you,yes im escaping to gran canaria in jan,how are things with you

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
@Volker, I am sorry to hear about your mum. Two weeks is no time, and the grief must be still very raw.

Webby's mum actually died 19 months ago now, and if you read back through the thread, rather than the last couple of posts, you would see that this was a sort of ongoing conversation.

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Hi Webby nice to see you back. Sorry about your injury but hopefully you will be back on your bike before you know it.
I understand you still struggling, I have been too. It was Mum's first anniversary of her death on Tuesday and the week before was her birthday it really hit home and I was very low.
I suppose it is only natural for us to still be hurting it still is early days and life will never be the same again but lets hope it ill get easier. Everyone as to go through heartache and loss at some point, but we still have memories and were lucky enough to have had our Mum's to a good old age.
Sending virtual hugs and support xx

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
hi everyone,bit of a update from me a lot has been going on,so will start by wishing you all a merry christmas,i use to love christmas it was a special time for me and mum even when she had dementia ,since mum passed away i dont bother ,last year you might remember i went up to the graveyard and took some flowers and a card and ate some turkey sandwiches up there well i decided to do the same thing this year but a bit earlier as i was due to go to my brothers for dinner at 12-30 ,so i cycled up sat by the grave chatting to mum when i started my food suddenley the sun came out shining on her headstone when i looked around all the other stones were in darkness
theres been a few moments lately my cousin goes to a psychic who connected her to my uncle her dad also said my mum was there and sent some messages to me ,im not sure what to make of these as i know mum and me were sceptical,i would love to beleive it as there were some special messages so im going to
as well as all that going on i received a message saying i have been invited to a garden party at buckingham palace totally out of the blue for my work in the community i have no idea who nominated me ,im taking my brother i just wish mum was about as i would have taken her she use to love the royal family

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
hi everyone,bit of a update from me a lot has been going on,so will start by wishing you all a merry christmas,i use to love christmas it was a special time for me and mum even when she had dementia ,since mum passed away i dont bother ,last year you might remember i went up to the graveyard and took some flowers and a card and ate some turkey sandwiches up there well i decided to do the same thing this year but a bit earlier as i was due to go to my brothers for dinner at 12-30 ,so i cycled up sat by the grave chatting to mum when i started my food suddenley the sun came out shining on her headstone when i looked around all the other stones were in darkness
theres been a few moments lately my cousin goes to a psychic who connected her to my uncle her dad also said my mum was there and sent some messages to me ,im not sure what to make of these as i know mum and me were sceptical,i would love to beleive it as there were some special messages so im going to
as well as all that going on i received a message saying i have been invited to a garden party at buckingham palace totally out of the blue for my work in the community i have no idea who nominated me ,im taking my brother i just wish mum was about as i would have taken her she use to love the royal family
That was a very nice tale to read - so lovely for you. It does indeed read like something special happened - treasure the memory.
Enjoy the Palace visit.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
How lovely to have a special event to look forward to, Webby, and to be able to invite your brother too. Glad you had a good day today.
Wishing you a very happy New Year, too.

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
How lovely to have a special event to look forward to, Webby, and to be able to invite your brother too. Glad you had a good day today.
Wishing you a very happy New Year, too.
same to you lady a hope you had a good day x

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
Hello @webby123, what an amazing thing to happen to you at the churchyard, and how exciting to hear about the visit to the palace garden party, your mum would be so proud. Please come and tell us about it. Very best wishes to you xx

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
Hello @webby123, what an amazing thing to happen to you at the churchyard, and how exciting to hear about the visit to the palace garden party, your mum would be so proud. Please come and tell us about it. Very best wishes to you xx
hi dazmum thanks and a happy christmas and new year to you,it was amazing it made my christmas,i will let you know what happens its either may or june x

Harrys daughter

Jul 12, 2016
Happy New year webby
I beleave your mum was smiling down on you when the sun came out x
Congratulations on your happy news how lovely for you to be able to share it with your brother x
I'M yes I'm a believer

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
it will be 2 years monday since i said goodbye to the best mum anyone could have,not only that my best friend,i think about her every day still miss her so much,she was the only one who beleived in me and always there for me.
lately i find myself going back to being on my own quite a lot,being let down by friends and tonight my niece and god daughter is 18 the whole family have gone out for a meal but i havnt been invited,think it hits home how much mum was always there for me

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Hi @webby123
Sorry you are finding things hard at the moment. Hopefully, Spring is just around the corner, and maybe you'll be able to get back to cycling again? I'm sure getting out and about would be a help.

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
two years today i said goodbye to the best mum you could have not only a great mum but my best friend,today i have been up to the cemetry,then been to a place we use to go regular to have her favourite cake,tonight out with brother and family for a meal in her honour

Attachments

• alfrick and lulsley flower show sept 2013 014.JPG
    alfrick and lulsley flower show sept 2013 014.JPG
    310.7 KB · Views: 364

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa