Help- choir music morning has broken

Selinacroft

Oct 10, 2015
Can anyone recommend a version of this which I can hear on line. I am trying to find a traditional church choir singing it normally but in tune as a backing track for funera hymn.
I don't want Dana, Cat Stevens or Neil Diamond. I don't want special choral arrangements and I don't want school choirs- and I want to be able to hear a sample free!
Getting exasperated searching for the kind of thing I need.

Thanks

Selinacroft

Oct 10, 2015
Hi Kevini
Thanks - yes I've seen all number of options, it seems to have been recorded by a zillion artists and choirs. I'm just looking for a well sung C of E choir , a lot of the list seem to have a particular religious group singing that isn't applicable for something like a funeral (IMHO) . Just after a suggestion or two to narrow the field a bit.

mrjelly

Jul 23, 2012
West Sussex
I quite like this one by the Portsmouth Cathedral choir.

I also found several others in the Wesley Media library by searching for "morning has broken" for the title and "choir" as the artist. This also lets you play short extracts when the website is working properly - it does seem a bit flakey at the moment.

Selinacroft

Oct 10, 2015
Thanks Mr Jelly- that is a nice version but I think the first one has been added now to the service order so a bit late to change it.