Life without him....

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Anne, you've been in my thoughts a lot, even although I lapsed this week reading your thread. Had been wondering if still going to France and when, and have only just caught up.

You will be en route or have arrived in France by now. Have a lovely time, recharge your batteries, you've had a tough time. Relax and enjoy the break, Christmas with your son and family.

Let the tears come when they will, we have been given the ability to shed tears for reasons. Tears of sorrow, tears of joy.

Thoughts and love to you
Loo xxx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I’m glad you are going to France this Christmas.
I hope you have a lovely time with your family as well as some peaceful moments to feel sad should you need them too. x

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Thank you THANKYOU, THANKYOU for those kind and comforting thoughts.
Christmas in France was dreamlike, perfect in every way, and after I returned, my other son picked me up and took me to their house for a second lovely stay and another Christmas dinner...

Back home now, comforted by the thought that there's no need to pack or travel now, but simply relax and enjoy TV until we're into a new year that will be completely different.

You've helped me to move on...

I hope your festive season has been peaceful and beautiful...Grannie G, Juggling mum, Saffie, Margherita, Amethyst, Loopyloo, Izzy, two jays, Nae sporran. Sending much love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and every good wish for 2018...

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
Yay! You’re home! Sometimes I think that is the best part of a journey...sitting in your own home and enjoying the memories. And before you know it we will be seeing spring flowers poking through the earth. So glad you have enjoyed your time away. We once had Christmas at a huge chateau near Paris. On Christmas Eve, we were all outside ....ha! Half an hour taken out here to help Martin...I thought I was part way through a post!
So, on Christmas Eve we were outside singing carols and it began to snow. Absolute magic.

margherita

May 30, 2017
Italy, Milan and Acqui Terme
Thank you THANKYOU, THANKYOU for those kind and comforting thoughts.
Christmas in France was dreamlike, perfect in every way, and after I returned, my other son picked me up and took me to their house for a second lovely stay and another Christmas dinner...

Back home now, comforted by the thought that there's no need to pack or travel now, but simply relax and enjoy TV until we're into a new year that will be completely different.

You've helped me to move on...

I hope your festive season has been peaceful and beautiful...Grannie G, Juggling mum, Saffie, Margherita, Amethyst, Loopyloo, Izzy, two jays, Nae sporran. Sending much love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and every good wish for 2018...
So glad you are back. I missed you and was a bit worried about your silence.
But now I know you were enjoying Mont Blanc and your "French" family first , and your "English" family , then .

Hope the adjective "English" is right..
I remember a nice and kind lady in Edinburgh who was going to kill me because I had said she was English instead of Scottish.
That was nearly fifty years ago, but still remember her fury.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Anne, delighted to read that you had such a wonderful time with your son and family in France, and then with your other son in England! You sounded so uplifted, so relaxed; a joy to read!.

I once had a Christmas in France and it was dreamlike, totally different, the memory has stayed with me and just remembering relaxes me.

Enjoy the now and then onwards into a brand new year for you! :)

Love
Loo xxx..

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
I am pleased you had a lovely time in France and with your family. I hope the new year brings you more good times.

Elaine68

Jul 20, 2017
Sheffield
Hugs and love Anna thinking of you and your sons be strong it will take time I am going through this as well and find talking on here helps a great deal.

Hugs and more hugs
Xxx

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Is there anyone left here who remembers me?
Husband Rob died on October 10th, approximately 24 hours after I had my operation for breast cancer. Double whammy. They said he collapsed about the time of my operation.
So now I'm a Dementia Widow, no longer a Dementia Wife, and six months later it feels a bit fraudulent to be here, and I'm not sure what, if anything, I have to offer..But I'm popping in just to say hello again.
He never quite stopped battling with his loss....but the carers and his GP were wonderful at the end, and made sure he was at peace. And I could only be grateful that his struggles were over, and the burden lifted.

Suddenly the music stops...visiting him in his care home, that became like a second home to both of us, no longer dominates my days.. They feel empty, and moving forward without him after all those 56 years together feels strange.I must pick up activities again that we had to abandon...

But now I can look back with a differen perspective, because Dementia was only a part of his busy and varied life, and he lives on in family folklore. We repeat his jokes, constantly quote the things he would have said, and raise our glasses for him whenever we're together. It feels good that he is no longer having to struggle to keep up, and trying to hide his fears.

A dear friend has travelled exactly the same path, with both our husbands showing puzzling signs at the same time. She is still visiting hers each day in a Care Home...