I want to go home

smartieplum

Jul 29, 2014
Night after night this goes on and on and on. 3and a half years since diagnosis and i thought i could deal, however, this constant going on is driving me spare! Any tips on how to deal with it. I'm sure it's due to sun downing. Im really beginning to hate her (not really, the situation is hell).

Theresalwaystomorrow

Dec 23, 2017
Night after night this goes on and on and on. 3and a half years since diagnosis and i thought i could deal, however, this constant going on is driving me spare! Any tips on how to deal with it. I'm sure it's due to sun downing. Im really beginning to hate her (not really, the situation is hell).
Get her assessed and new medication, is she on respiridal? Only the dementia nurse team can prescribe it, this helped mum calm down, not completely but bit more bearable for my 90 yr old Dad

VonVee

Dec 15, 2014
Poole Dorset

Hi hon, it only drives you insane if you let it drive you insane, try just walking away, and while your listening to her, sing musical song tunes or do musical scales in your head.. it helps, and your less likely to lose it, or virtually hate her...

It’s been 3 years for me aswell, and I’ve had a terrible 2 days, and she hasn’t a clue... it also drives me insane aswell.. so your not alone.

If you’d like a friend that’s going through it, even for a rant, contact me - be good to connect.. take care, Vonnie xx

Last edited by a moderator:

VonVee

Dec 15, 2014
Poole Dorset
She's not on medication. Was deemed not bad enough by a CPN

Yeah, everything my mum takes, I’ve worked hard getting it for her, by going on and on and on to the SW, DRs, etc, my mum is on some heavy night meds, because if she wasn’t, I wouldn’t get any sleep quite literally and I’m already a zombie as it is... plus while she’s knocked out, I get a rest... so in the new year hon, promise me you will ask or even demand some heavy drugs....

yak55

Jun 15, 2015
Yeah, everything my mum takes, I’ve worked hard getting it for her, by going on and on and on to the SW, DRs, etc, my mum is on some heavy night meds, because if she wasn’t, I wouldn’t get any sleep quite literally and I’m already a zombie as it is... plus while she’s knocked out, I get a rest... so in the new year hon, promise me you will ask or even demand some heavy drugs....
Mu Mum was still awake at 3.30 this morning with no idea what’s going on. When dad died in August we had zoplicone 3.75 to help
Mum sleep, used them for 5 days, they didn’t help. Tried them again for 5 days a month later, still no help. I’ve trued 8/500mg co-codamol, no help so last night in desperation I gave her 2 3.75mg zopiclone. Mum has just got up!!!
I finally dropped off at 4am zzzzzzzzz
I don’t care if the Gp tells me off, we all needed to sleep!!!
No help from memory assessment team or Gp for appropriate meds to help mum only memantine 20mg which does not calm her anxiety at bedtime.

Theresalwaystomorrow

Dec 23, 2017
Mu Mum was still awake at 3.30 this morning with no idea what’s going on. When dad died in August we had zoplicone 3.75 to help
Mum sleep, used them for 5 days, they didn’t help. Tried them again for 5 days a month later, still no help. I’ve trued 8/500mg co-codamol, no help so last night in desperation I gave her 2 3.75mg zopiclone. Mum has just got up!!!
I finally dropped off at 4am zzzzzzzzz
I don’t care if the Gp tells me off, we all needed to sleep!!!
No help from memory assessment team or Gp for appropriate meds to help mum only memantine 20mg which does not calm her anxiety at bedtime.
As previous post you really need to keep on to memory clinic, you have to persevere, bad isent it but unfortunately that what you have to do, same as funding, it is available you just have to fight for it