Still hard after 3 years

Lancshiker

Apr 17, 2013
My Dad died three years ago and the vast majority of his life wasn’t about dementia but I miss him every day and especially in the run up to Christmas I feel his absence acutely. My lovely lovely Dad. How I wish he was still here.

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
It’s horrible when these feelings hit...and it still hurts doesn’t it? I hope you are finding as time goes on that it happpens less often, and it hurts a little less...and you can remember some good times? It’s the price we pay for loving someone..and you wouldn’t have wanted to love him any less, would you.

Lancshiker

Apr 17, 2013
Did you lose someone yourself? I’m very sorry for your loss and thanks for replying if that is the case. My deepest sympathies. It’s very hard isn’t it?

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
Yes, quite a few of us on the forum have. It does mean that when somebody says, ‘I know how you feel’, they really do. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Hello Lancshiker,

I lost my mum and her identical twin sister several years back, they were inseparable so, for me, it was a bit like losing 2 mums. For a few years I missed them everyday. Mum died in 2009, aunt in 2012 and although I still miss them, and always will, the pain is not as raw now.

Except at this time of year...

They made such a fuss of Christmas and I don't have the heart for it yet. I hope one day I will...

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
I know how you feel, it's three years next May that Mum died but still think of her every day and miss her. Find it hard to get any enthusiasm for Christmas as Christmas Day is Mum's birthday and always made an extra special fuss of her and she loved Christmas.

Sending you and all those of us in a similar position, a supportive hug