A Miracle has happened

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Quick update. All still good. Took some old photos in today and mum said oh what a lovely smiley photo of my mum and dad. Long may it last Also she told us today that she has a really bad memory!

Daisy that's amazing! Dad sometimes says that his memory is getting worse but he is still moderate although he may have lost a couple of points because of his recent illness.

MaNaAk

daisydi

Feb 25, 2015
Norfolk
Just dashed into the care home as I noticed a very very large moon when I was driving home. Mum is usually affected by the moon and gets really manic when there is a full moon. She was sitting there watching a Christmas film happy as larry. Still cant believe this is happening ...

daisydi

Feb 25, 2015
Norfolk
Daisy that's amazing! Dad sometimes says that his memory is getting worse but he is still moderate although he may have lost a couple of points because of his recent illness.

MaNaAk
Mum wasnt really saying anything at all apart from no so the fact that she recognises that her memory is bad shows some function at least. It is so amazing that I cant really believe it is happening!

Marcelle123

Nov 9, 2015
Yorkshire
This is fantastic news. Long may your mother hang on to her new found ability. I so hope there's a way of finding out what happened and seeing if it could help other people too. Please do keep us posted, daisydi.

daisydi

Feb 25, 2015
Norfolk
When we visited today one of the carers came rushing up to us and said you must listen to this. Then she and my mum sang us 3 Christmas carols and mum knew all the words. So heartwarming.

daisydi

Feb 25, 2015
Norfolk
Well the mental health nurse has not turned up this week. I suppose there are others that need her more than we do. Mum is still good though, engaging and chatty. She tells my sister that her hair is grey and that I have put on weight! She is singing carols and remembering words that nobody else does. She also tells us that she's not up for going shopping or cooking the Christmas dinner (not been shopping or cooked for years). We are optimistic that her condition will remain the same as there is no reason for it to change for the time being but who knows what will happen. Funny thing she said the other day *that lady keeps wandering in and out* about one of the other residents who she was regularly bumping into whilst having a wander. The super moon did not affect her mental state so all is looking good for the festive period.

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
How good to read of your Mums continued improvement daisy. Thank you for keeping us updated, not only am I sure we are all pleased for both your Mum and you but it is so heartening to read.

May I take this opportunity to wish you and your Mum the very best and most chatty Christmas possible! - and I hope this very positive state of affairs continues throughout 2018 ☺ xx

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
Oh, I am so happy for you. I can’t imagine the joy of getting your mum back. Wouldn’t you think the mental health team would want to investigate? Just in case whatever has happened could be replicated? My husband’s son is here, I have two days and nights rest. I will make a note today, so I can tell him tomorrow. He is a professor working with the results of medical research, in all areas. Maybe others have experienced this.

Prudence9

Oct 8, 2016
This is lovely news daisydi, really hope it continues and you have a very happy Christmas with your Mum xxx

daisydi

Feb 25, 2015
Norfolk
Mum was in such good form today. Looks like this miracle is continuing. She came rushing (sort of) to the door today saying to the carers I want to see my daughters. All the carers are still amazed, some have never heard her speak before. She was given a lovely roast dinner and picked up her fork to feed herself followed by a slice of black forest gateaux which didnt touch the sides! To think a couple of months ago she wasnt eating anything and was on protein drinks as she was losing quite a lot of weight. Seems like she will be able to enjoy Christmas for the first time in years. She said that she didnt want to go Christmas shopping though! Hope everyone on here has as good a Christmas as possible and we will certainly treasure this one!

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
This is amazing. I hope you have taken lots of videos. I can’t believe the mental health team don’t want to investigate this. Have a lovely, lovely Christmas x

daisydi

Feb 25, 2015
Norfolk
This is amazing. I hope you have taken lots of videos. I can’t believe the mental health team don’t want to investigate this. Have a lovely, lovely Christmas x
I know they are busy but if someone looked into this in detail it might help so many people but we cant do anymore than bring it to their attention. We will just enjoy it while it lasts. Have a good Christmas too. x

Onmyown

May 30, 2017
This is a miracle.... But I'm just in shock that the medical profession are not investigating what's happening?? Great for you to share Xmas with her and she's aware. I hope the dementia never comes back. I've never heard of this happening? Pretty amazing... ... .

daisydi

Feb 25, 2015
Norfolk
This is a miracle.... But I'm just in shock that the medical profession are not investigating what's happening?? Great for you to share Xmas with her and she's aware. I hope the dementia never comes back. I've never heard of this happening? Pretty amazing... ... .
Hi thank you. Mum still has dementia but she has improved so much over the last month in that she had lost her speech and swallowing functions but they have returned. Who knows what will happen next ....