Bed sensors info

spuddle

Mar 13, 2014
Hi there, I'm looking for info on bed sensors. If anyone has any advice on using them.
Mum lives independantly at home with 3 daily care visits and me or my partner visit daily. We have the wonderful "just checking" system installed which has been fantastic.
2 nights ago as usual i checked mums chart and all seemed fine, she had gone to bed as usual and slept well. Her morning carer arrived to find her on the floor. She suspected her bed hadn't been slept in so she may have been there all night... or may have got up for the loo. She is perfectly mobile but has taken to a habit of "slithering" out of bed to her knees which we suspect has happened and got stuck. So all we have seen is her happily in bed. She has a phone in the bedroom but doesn't seem aware of using it and no longer uses the telecare system as she doesn't understand what it's for. The only other thing we could think of was some kind of webcam in her bedroom but that would be a last resort. I have come across bed/chair sensors which seem to register/alert when a person leaves the bed and doesn't return. Any advice or info from users of this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and sorry for the long winded post.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
My husband had a pressure mat which was linked to the community alarm system. It went under the bottom sheet. If he tried to get out of bed and I didn't her him the alarm went off. I got it through our Social Services department who referred Bill to the OT to get it. we already had the community alarm. I'm in Scotland so the system might be different.

spuddle

Mar 13, 2014
My husband had a pressure mat which was linked to the community alarm system. It went under the bottom sheet. If he tried to get out of bed and I didn't her him the alarm went off. I got it through our Social Services department who referred Bill to the OT to get it. we already had the community alarm. I'm in Scotland so the system might be different.
Thanks

spuddle

Mar 13, 2014
Hi there, I'm looking for info on bed sensors. If anyone has any advice on using them.
Mum lives independantly at home with 3 daily care visits and me or my partner visit daily. We have the wonderful "just checking" system installed which has been fantastic.
2 nights ago as usual i checked mums chart and all seemed fine, she had gone to bed as usual and slept well. Her morning carer arrived to find her on the floor. She suspected her bed hadn't been slept in so she may have been there all night... or may have got up for the loo. She is perfectly mobile but has taken to a habit of "slithering" out of bed to her knees which we suspect has happened and got stuck. So all we have seen is her happily in bed. She has a phone in the bedroom but doesn't seem aware of using it and no longer uses the telecare system as she doesn't understand what it's for. The only other thing we could think of was some kind of webcam in her bedroom but that would be a last resort. I have come across bed/chair sensors which seem to register/alert when a person leaves the bed and doesn't return. Any advice or info from users of this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and sorry for the long winded post.