Need help please

Flyingryan

May 23, 2017
I have been told by my altzheimers consultant that I need to take early illness retirement I'm only 57 and not sure how or who I need to talk to aboutddoing this can anyone help me please many thanks

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
I have been told by my altzheimers consultant that I need to take early illness retirement I'm only 57 and not sure how or who I need to talk to aboutddoing this can anyone help me please many thanks
Hello, and welcome. It sounds like you have had a terrible shock. I’m afraid I don’t know the answer to your question either...but I do know that you can ring the help line in the morning and they will be able to advise you.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @Flyingryan
it sounds as though your consultant is suggesting you take early retirement on the grounds of ill health - so I assume you are currently employed - if so you need to talk with your manager and also get in contact with your company's pension scheme administrator - there will be a protocol to follow as per your employment contract and the rules of the pension scheme

Sammie234

Oct 7, 2016
Shropshire

Hi @Flyingryan

Welcome and sorry you’ve been told this I’m afraid I know little about it Except my OH had to take early retirement because of his Alzheimer’s but he had to wait until he had a letter of diagnoses from the consultant before his work would allow him to go through the process we had to contact his manager even though OH was a manager himself who then spoke to the pensions dept who then held meeting with OH and myself to ensure everything was understood after which arrangements were eventually put in place prior to all this he had been on sick for 12months.

Do let us know how you get on !

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
If you are in employment I would think the HR Dept., if there is one, may be able to help. If you are in a union the union rep may be able to help. Can't think of anything else but wish you luck.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson