Poem

Jean1234

Mar 19, 2015
I have just read another lovely poem on Facebook about realising the person inside dementia. Brought tears to my eyes BUT does anyone else on here also find themselves resenting what their lives have become? I feel so guilty feeling this way but being a full time carer for someone who is no longer the same as the person you married and who spends half their time treating you badly it's difficult not to feel resentment.

dancer12

Jan 9, 2017
Mississauga
I have just read another lovely poem on Facebook about realising the person inside dementia. Brought tears to my eyes BUT does anyone else on here also find themselves resenting what their lives have become? I feel so guilty feeling this way but being a full time carer for someone who is no longer the same as the person you married and who spends half their time treating you badly it's difficult not to feel resentment.

Hi Jean:

YES, YES, YES. It is felt 1 million % every second of every minute of every hour of everyday. We have given up so much and yet all we do is never enough and/or done correctly. It's not easy, we lose them and a bit of ourselves each day. But let's smile, not argue, take what each day brings and always hope each new day is better than the last. Many hugs & smiles.:)

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Jane beat me to it only probably better thanI. As for poetry I think all the ups downs good days and bad days and Happy days I have pored out in poetry. The poetry may not be great but it certainly helps me cope. Don’t let it get you down x