What do you do when you have time off from your PWD?

MaryH

Jun 16, 2016
Ottawa, Canada
Mom is at sister's for the weekend.

I slept well last night, watched TV this am, checked in on TP and went to a photograph exhibition opening by 2 people I know this afternoon.. Now drinking a glass of red wine and eating leftover quiche and did not have to cook the whole weekend, just ate leftovers :D

yak55

Jun 15, 2015
Mom is at sister's for the weekend.

I slept well last night, watched TV this am, checked in on TP and went to a photograph exhibition opening by 2 people I know this afternoon.. Now drinking a glass of red wine and eating leftover quiche and did not have to cook the whole weekend, just ate leftovers :D
Good for you, I'm so glad you've had some respite and take care x

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
OH was in Melbourne all day yesterday so I took the dog for a walk as it was a beautiful morning. Then I worked in the garden for a while, cooked a curry (enough to last me 4 days) and caught up on some TV programs that OH doesn't like to watch. It was nice to be able to watch TV without the constant stream of chatter and mumbles that goes on.

Sometimes it's nice to just sit in the peace of my own company without having to do anything in particular.

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
For me, it’s an hour long walk at a good pace, piano lesson, lovely salad or other gorgeous lunch from M and S, and catch up on a programme...as others have said, with no running commentary!

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
I get very little time away from my wife, but when I get the occasional hour I like to go cycling or walking. It’s even a pleasure to surf the internet without the interruptions from constantly repeated questions and statements!

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
We have a theatre group in Glasgow called A play, a pie and a pint. I love theatre and concerts and never get there now as at night John wants to go to bed in the early evening. So the lunch time plays which last an hour at most are great and I really do forget all about him.

I am amazed how easy it is to laugh when caught up in the moment of a good script. Pity I dont manage it more often.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Photo exhibition sounds great, MaryH.
I have had a few nice days, while C is at day centre, walking around lesser explored parts of the city with the ramblers followed by a quiet pint and an omelette.

Risa

Apr 13, 2015
Essex
When my Dad has a sitter, he only has around an hour or an hour and a half so can't go too far. He comes around to where my sister and I live (fortunately in the same street) and we drink cocktails and play PS4 games. Just good for him to have a laugh and a chat :)

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
When I finally had some time off from my FiL - Dh had eventually badgered BiL and Sil into having him for a few days - I collapsed on the sofa and slept for 4 hours solid!

Peachez

Jun 19, 2016
South East England
My OH is still early stages (MCI) and pretty independent. So I get out and about most days, even if I do have to check he's remembered to eat and drink when I get back (once went through to 6pm without a drop) ... I really miss having time to relax IN my own home in peace and quiet...

yak55

Jun 15, 2015
OH was in Melbourne all day yesterday so I took the dog for a walk as it was a beautiful morning. Then I worked in the garden for a while, cooked a curry (enough to last me 4 days) and caught up on some TV programs that OH doesn't like to watch. It was nice to be able to watch TV without the constant stream of chatter and mumbles that goes on.

Sometimes it's nice to just sit in the peace of my own company without having to do anything in particular.
I agree Lawson58. It takes me at least an hour to watch a 30min programme usually!
When my sister has Mum on Monday and Wednesday I have plenty to do clearing my parents house to sell which is hard work physically and emotionally.
If I dont feel like that I watch all the programmes Ive not had time to watch with a cuppa and chocolate x

yak55

Jun 15, 2015
My OH is still early stages (MCI) and pretty independent. So I get out and about most days, even if I do have to check he's remembered to eat and drink when I get back (once went through to 6pm without a drop) ... I really miss having time to relax IN my own home in peace and quiet...
Me too Peachez, when did it happen I keep asking myself! I took it all for granted that I could do what I want when I want. Id love that time back but on the downside if I did get it back I wouldnt have my Mum - torn x

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
Photo exhibition sounds great, MaryH.
I have had a few nice days, while C is at day centre, walking around lesser explored parts of the city with the ramblers followed by a quiet pint and an omelette.
I have lovely memories of a night time ‘treasure hunt’ in your city. It was snowing lightly...and we did have fun, going down little alley ways, and up weird fights of steps. My eldest daughter planned it for myself and her younger brother and sister. We went back to her flat for hot chocolate/mulled wine. I remember it as a really happy evening. Your post just reminded me of it.

Jo Sutton

Jul 8, 2016
Surrey
I have lovely memories of a night time ‘treasure hunt’ in your city. It was snowing lightly...and we did have fun, going down little alley ways, and up weird fights of steps. My eldest daughter planned it for myself and her younger brother and sister. We went back to her flat for hot chocolate/mulled wine. I remember it as a really happy evening. Your post just reminded me of it.

That sounds amazing, @Amethyst59! Oh to be carefree for a little while :)

Hugs

Jo xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew Fargher