A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
So glad you're back in your home again, BeadieJay, even if it doesn't feel like yours. I suppose if everything is new and immaculate, It's a bit like a hotel room, impersonal, with no memories.

But you'll soon make it your own again, and once you've yelled at the kids a few times for kicking the table legs, and spilling juce........:eek:

Hope you all have a relaxing holiday, you deserve it after all that upheaval.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am so pleased that today was good and Dhiren enjoyed it - wonderful that he had 'a blast from the past'. (took me sometime to remember this phrase!!).

I hope Friday is as successful. Love Jan

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Sylvia, that sounds wonderful. Is the shop permanent, so that Dhiren can visit every time you go to the cafe?

And how wonderful to have all that support. You must think you've gone to heaven. No wonder paul is impressed.

Love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks folks. :)

Lynne.....Sundowning? It`s changed somehow, but so far, for the better.

Friends have invited us to stay for a couple of days. We will not stay with them, but in a small hotel. All being well we will go next Tuesday until Thursday. Dhiren is very excited and really looking forwards to this break.
Occasionally he asks if we can go to Manchester. But when I tell him there is no-one there for us, and remind him of our coming break, he is so pleased, it satisfies him.

The Book.
Dhiren asked if the book is a success and sells well, will I go with him to India and help him to find where his mother was cremated.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
The Book.
Dhiren asked if the book is a success and sells well, will I go with him to India and help him to find where his mother was cremated.

Of course you will, Sylvia. It will be part of your round-the-world promotion tour.

And when Bollywood buys the film rights..........:)

Glad you're feeling confident enough to have a break, it will do you so much good.

Love,

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England

Attachments

• how to use a hammock.gif
    how to use a hammock.gif
    10.3 KB · Views: 403

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Evening Sylvia

Who would have guessed that would have happened - something for Dhiren to really relate to:)

Also you're going away for a few days - wow this is great.

This is all so encouraging because it's not that long ago that things were dire. Now there are good things again. It all helps to take heart.

Now if only your book could get done as quickly as Dhiren thinks it could:D

Love to you Sylvia

Helen

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Sylvia..what a turn around..

Dhiren sounds really animated and positive..

And the support is there for you too.....:)

Who'd have thought a few weeks ago that these things would be happening...it's reassuring to know that good can come out of bad...

After the struggle you've had for support..I'm delighted for you...

Love gigi xx

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Sylvia,

It sounds like you've had 2 really positive days and that Dhiren is accepting help, which in turn helps you.

I hope going away for a couple of days will be a break for both you and Dhiren. And the sun's gonna shine... :cool:... for a couple of days at least.... :rolleyes:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you so much

Because so many on TP have been through this journey with me, and know so well how things have been,
you really can appreciate how big a turnaround we have had since the crisis which resulted in Dhiren ending up on an assessment ward.

Never in a million years could I have imagined it to turn out like this and I am so grateful......to everyone on TP who has been `with` me and to the professional support that has been better than I could ever have hoped for.

I know it won`t last for ever but I`m certainly going to make the most of it while I can.

LOve xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I needed to go to the station to buy the tickets for our short break away.

I know I can book online, but I get in a muddle. :eek:

It is very warm and we were in the garden. I thought I could nip out.

When Dhiren heard I was going to the station he insisted on coming with.

Alarm bells rang. :eek: But how could I refuse.

He was ready in no time. :rolleyes: Well before me. :eek::eek:

But when we got there, he sat down and left it all to me. Phew!!:)

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Sylvia,
Here's to the good times continuing. It really does seem that you are in a balanced phase - long may it last!

I loved that Dhiren had such a great chat with the shopkeeper. I'm sure he (the shopkeeper) is quite used to people with AD. He may well know someone with AD. I bet Dhiren felt fabulous, talking shop.

Glad the station visit went well also. What area do your friends live in? Is it a long journey? Enjoy, enjoy.

Love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Joanne

Our friends live in the Midlands about 200 miles away. Not far by Canadian Standards, but a four hour journey, including crossing London, so it could be quite tiring for Dhiren.

But if we don`t try, we`ll never know will we?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Who would believe it?

Dhiren woke this morning and said;

D `We`re not going to move from here are we?`
S `Of course not.`
D ``I had a dream we were looking for a new house. I don`t want to move from here. I like it here. This is our home.

And to top it all, we haven`t had an episode of sundowning since July 18th.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Sylvia,

This is an amazing turnaround for Dhiren....:)

I'm delighted that you seem to have enetered a more "tranquil" phase...

...and that you're making the most of it....:D

Long may it last!!

Love gigi xx

Status
Not open for further replies.