What do you think of the book cover?

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
I am getting nearer to self-publishing my first book of short stories, called 'The Memory Box'
Hopefully it will be available on Amazon the first week in Dec I will let you know when it goes live.
I am a bit undecided about the cover design but I have attached 2 possibles and would be very grateful for feedback.
I want the book to be able to given to people with cognitive impairment without it pushing the fact that it has them in mind. I won't mention in the cover blurb dementia or MCI. I want them to feel its just a nice read although the stories have slight references to memory loss.
I cant think of a suitable sub-title other than 'A passionate pursuit of memories'
Does it need a sub-title?
Can you think of a better one?
Honesty will be appreciated.
The paperback will be printed with a slightly larger font than usual and wider spacing as a friend of mine with Alz recommended that.
Feeling a mixture of emotion, from severe crisis of confidence, to unexplaiable joy.
Please feel free to ask any questions
Many Thanks Sarah

Attachments

• timesnr.JPG
    timesnr.JPG
    220.2 KB · Views: 514
  • P1680390-002.JPG
    P1680390-002.JPG
    244.1 KB · Views: 539

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
It's personal taste, but the second one works best. I think memories works better than memory. Good luck with it Sarah.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I like "The Memory Box." As the title at the top. Maybe you could write the "A Passionate Pursuit of Memory" in the lid?

I also like the juxtaposition of highbrow (Vivaldi) with low brow (bed farts) :D

Good luck with whatever you decide.

gotanybiscuits?

Jan 8, 2017
the beautiful south
If you do go with a sub-title (2nd pic does look good),
it feels slightly "incorrect" (to me) to again use the word memory/ies.

Do you think it would still work, if it the sub-title was something like:-
A passionate pursuit of the past.
Remembering old loves.
Keeping old passions alive.
???

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
If you do go with a sub-title (2nd pic does look good),
it feels slightly "incorrect" (to me) to again use the word memory/ies.

Do you think it would still work, if it the sub-title was something like:-
A passionate pursuit of the past.
Remembering old loves.
Keeping old passions alive.
???
good point probably don't need memory twice!
My friend who is helping me put online thinks passion speaks of romance!

HillyBilly

Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
For me too, the second one, without the subtitle though.
Or maybe "The Pursuit of Memory"/"The Pursuit of Memories" for a subtitle?
"Open the box!"

Last edited:

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Hi Sarah. I like the cover.
Personally I’m not keen on the word passionate and would prefer the word precious instead.
Maybe the first one - as I think the sub-heading should really be below the heading - but either really with ‘ precious memories within’ on the lid of the box perhaps. Just a thought and I’m sure whatever you put on it will be good. Well done to you, you really are excelling yourself!

Last edited:

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
I like the second one.
What about “catching shadows of the past” as a sub-title.
Back in my long distance running days I used to think of myself as trying to catch the shadow of my past as a younger man when I was doing hard training sessions.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
I am getting nearer to self-publishing my first book of short stories, called 'The Memory Box'
Hopefully it will be available on Amazon the first week in Dec I will let you know when it goes live.
I am a bit undecided about the cover design but I have attached 2 possibles and would be very grateful for feedback.
I want the book to be able to given to people with cognitive impairment without it pushing the fact that it has them in mind. I won't mention in the cover blurb dementia or MCI. I want them to feel its just a nice read although the stories have slight references to memory loss.
I cant think of a suitable sub-title other than 'A passionate pursuit of memories'
Does it need a sub-title?
Can you think of a better one?
Honesty will be appreciated.
The paperback will be printed with a slightly larger font than usual and wider spacing as a friend of mine with Alz recommended that.
Feeling a mixture of emotion, from severe crisis of confidence, to unexplaiable joy.
Please feel free to ask any questions
Many Thanks Sarah
For me it is the second one for sure. Can’t say why just that it feels right