Help with question on COP Form

monkeygirl15

Oct 1, 2017
Hi

I'm doing my best to fill in the COP Form. I'm currently on Form COP4 - Deputy's Declaration and have come up to Question 3.9 which asks "Are you aware of any matter in which your financial interests may conflcit with those of the persons to whom the application relates? (e.g occupation of a property which the person owns, any interests under the terms of their will).

Well, I know that both my sister and I will inherit 50% each of anything that is left after my mum passes away - that's in the will. Do I put that down under this question? It feels like saying this is making my application look dodgy but then I don't want to put anything down that is misleading.

My other question is re. the form COP1. There are two questions which look like the same. In Section 5 5.1 says "Please give details of all respondants who are to be served with this application" then 5.2 says "Please gie details of all persons who are to be notified of this application." I'm not sure what the difference is.

Thank you! I'm trying to do this quite urgently (and am trying to put it in as an urgent application as my mum looks like she needs urgent Respite (initially) Care - but I have no access to funds at this time.

Thank you!

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Hi

I'm doing my best to fill in the COP Form. I'm currently on Form COP4 - Deputy's Declaration and have come up to Question 3.9 which asks "Are you aware of any matter in which your financial interests may conflcit with those of the persons to whom the application relates? (e.g occupation of a property which the person owns, any interests under the terms of their will).

Well, I know that both my sister and I will inherit 50% each of anything that is left after my mum passes away - that's in the will. Do I put that down under this question? It feels like saying this is making my application look dodgy but then I don't want to put anything down that is misleading.

My other question is re. the form COP1. There are two questions which look like the same. In Section 5 5.1 says "Please give details of all respondants who are to be served with this application" then 5.2 says "Please gie details of all persons who are to be notified of this application." I'm not sure what the difference is.

Thank you! I'm trying to do this quite urgently (and am trying to put it in as an urgent application as my mum looks like she needs urgent Respite (initially) Care - but I have no access to funds at this time.

Thank you!
I don’t know the answers. What I do know is it’s worth ringing the cop. They are helpful people and happy to answer any questions you ask

monkeygirl15

Oct 1, 2017
I don’t know the answers. What I do know is it’s worth ringing the cop. They are helpful people and happy to answer any questions you ask
Thanks 2jays

I will ring them Monday if need be but I was hoping to get it filled in and sent in on Monday as I've put it in as urgent. Thank you though

99purdy

Oct 31, 2014
Hi, on my application cop4 q3.9 put the following statement ‘Joint Executor with my sister B and a residuary beneficary with my two sisters B and C where his estate is split equally ways’ with regards to q5 I was advised that respondants q5.1 are people who are linked financially ie husband etc, please be aware that respondants are given all your mums financial information in court response. Q5.2 notified are usually people who just need to be aware of your application and not given any financial information just an opportunity to object to your application. My application went through fine. Hope this helps. X

care2share

Jun 14, 2015
London
hi monkeygirl,
I left 5 5.1 blank as there were no objectors (respondents) and 5 5.2 I named a friend a neighbour and my husband. The application went through without any query on either of these sections. Good Luck.

monkeygirl15

Oct 1, 2017
Hi, on my application cop4 q3.9 put the following statement ‘Joint Executor with my sister B and a residuary beneficary with my two sisters B and C where his estate is split equally ways’ with regards to q5 I was advised that respondants q5.1 are people who are linked financially ie husband etc, please be aware that respondants are given all your mums financial information in court response. Q5.2 notified are usually people who just need to be aware of your application and not given any financial information just an opportunity to object to your application. My application went through fine. Hope this helps. X
Thanks - that's really helpful