Hope through Infrared technology?

foxhound

Jun 26, 2008
I feel a home-build coming on - now, all we need is an old Darth Vader helmet from the loft, 55 12-LED units from Screwfix and we're away!!

But, seriously, it might just be worth speaking to your doctors to see if they think it would be worth approaching these guys - www.vcs.eu.com - to talk about taking part in early trials.

jc141265

Sep 16, 2005
Australia
Wouldn't it be wonderful if it really did stop dementia, and even better yet reversed it!
Might sound silly at present, but I am not going to scoff at it...
Here's to hope!
Interesting that link to cold sore treatments by the same doctor...considering other articles that suggest there may be a link between dementias and the cold sore virus...

Last edited:

mica123

Apr 30, 2008
england
For goodness sake,get a grip on this one.Why get excited about an invention that will take years to actually be tested and put on the market?IF proven then it may benefit sufferers in years to come,its like the new tablet availiable in america,works wonders!?after all these years of people suffering,theres no cure even been proven,iam studying alzheimers medication at the moment,not just cause grans got it,its required within my role as a carer who administers medication to others.

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
For goodness sake,get a grip on this one.Why get excited about an invention that will take years to actually be tested and put on the market?

It may be worth noting that Fleming was scoffed at, ignored ... and look at where we are now?

Does it not excite anyone else - that if we can't prevent/reverse suffering for one generation, there might be hope for our future generations? Perhaps it's just me ..... :(

Karen

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Karen,

I don't get excited about research..but I'm grateful it goes on...and firmly believe they should throw everything they can at Dementia research.

It probably won't benefit us and those we care for now..but if it helps our children and granchildren then that's a plus.

If I have one moan it's the way these "exciting new advances" are hailed by the press as the latest miracle...thus raising false hope for the present.

But I agree we have to consider future generations...we were the future once...

"We have not inherited the earth from our fathers..
We are borrowing it from our children.."

Love gigi xx

ps..How are things with you...how's your mum?

andrear

Feb 13, 2008
Yorkshire
HI Karen
Research I'm afraid will be lost on my mum and dad, so I'm afraid I can't get excited about it. But if the media/press just allowed research to develop without psyching (sorry my typing) it up so much and just allow the public to know about what is happening in the true sense then that would be fine by me. But tomorrow there will be another and the day after another....
Love AndreaX

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Gigi. deleted the unwanted/double post for you.
Somehow it hasn't been acknowledged:confused:

My doing anyway, love Con.

Edited to add: Ooops, it has now.

foxhound

Jun 26, 2008
Let's try some optimism - nothing else seems to work!

First of all, I should say that (in the time-honoured phrase) "I have NO position or interest in any of the above-mentioned securities". (Although I wonder if I should wish I had....)

Still, I'm very impressed that a (presumably) hard-worked GP in what is by all accounts a tough and poor ex-mining villlage should have the energy to run a research-based business like this.

I agree that by the time Phase 3 trials come round, it will be too late for many of us. I equally accept that the concept may fall at the first fence.

But why not have some hope that it might work - I guess it ain't likely, but it might just - and think what that would mean.....

In the meantime, just keep plugging through the bad bits - my mother is in a good bit at the moment, so it's easier than normal for me to say that. I know very well indeed how bad bad can be. Bon courage.

Last edited:

mica123

Apr 30, 2008
england
Deat Tender face,If Flemming was so great with his penicillin invention,why are we now faced with antibiotics causing mrsa and c diff!and how many are allergic to penicillin?millions if you research.am not knocking your beliefs in treatment that may develop.am knocking the healthcare professionals for giving folk hopes that may not be substantiated

Chrissyan

Aug 9, 2007
N E England
Oh mica123 penicillin got rid of hundreds of fatal diseases effortlessly. People use to die from illnesses we think nothing of now. The benefits of penicillin far outweigh the negative parts.

I am with you Tender face, without hope we have nothing. I have been watching this infared experiment with interest. :)

jc141265

Sep 16, 2005
Australia
I'm with you Karen.
I'd get excited about any invention that turns out to work, even if it does take years to get on the market.
As for not getting there on time, I still will be absolutely over the moon even if a cure is found the day after Dad dies...yes sad that he didn't get to use it, but nonetheless over the moon for the thousands of people who will be spared this awful disease.
Anyways, how does one know its too late? Dad's been chugging along for 11 yrs now....!

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan