Day Centre

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Vic has been referred for day care and we went to visit day centre today and it is lovely, nice and bright and airy. The staff (plenty of them) were very welcoming and helpful.

They have a structured day with lots of activities, craft, snooker, indoor bowls,table tennis, as well as board games, quizzes, music etc. There is a lovely little park two mins walk away and they go there sometimes or into the little town.

He will be picked up and brought home and also has a proper meal there so all in all sounds good. Starts on Monday and can go another day when he is settled if he wants too.

He enjoyed the visit and went round shaking hands with everyone...told you he was a polite man;)

Three good days on the run:):):)

Linda x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Great news Linda. It sounds fantastic. I hope it all works well for both of you.
Love xx

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
Evening Linda

This is great news about the day care. I am so glad he enjoyed it and hope Vic really benefits from it. And you having three good days on the trot - let's hope it goes on and on.

Love Helen

gill@anchorage5

Apr 29, 2007
Southampton
Hi Linda

Good to hear the "intro" to Day Centre went well. Vic sounds like a "real gentleman" and it's bound to help him make new friends there.

On a good day my Dad will still try to stand up when someone (carer, CPN) is leaving the house, and I think it's lovely! Politeness / manners are obviously deeply ingrained somewhere deep in the brain! They don't make 'em like that anymore unfortunately!!!!

Wishing you all the best

Love

Gill x

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Linda, the Day Centre sounds excellent! In particular that they have lots of things for the men to do. If resources are limited, things like that seem to be the 1st ones to be sacrificed. Hope all goes well.

Short girl

Mar 22, 2008
Hi Linda

I am pleased that you were impressed with what you saw at the Day Centre, it is a comfort to know that Vic should enjoy his time there - lots of stimulating activities seem to be on offer, togther with lots of encouragment.
There is a brilliant Day Centre in my local area which caters specifically for those with dementia, has close links too with our branch of the Alzheimers Society and their outreach worker. Every review I have undertaken of a service user there (in my professional capacity) has been positive and of course a great help for their carer.
Good luck