canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Its very hard slugsta (((((hugs))))))

Mum went 17 days without food or fluid, but I dont think many last that long

Juliasdementiablog

Oct 23, 2017
Brighton
Thinking of you Slugsta. Hoping that your mother slips away peacefully, that you are supported by family and friends, and can at last be in peace knowing your mother doesn't have to suffer this awful disease anymore.

Mrnkar

Oct 28, 2017
Thinking of you. I watched my mum battle cancer and she actually at one point asked me to help her die, but I couldn't do it. She was transferred to a hospice and I said my goodbyes and left. I didn't want to be there when she passed but my brother was there. He went for a coffee after being with her for 6 hours, and you've guessed it, she passed away. I was both happy and sad when I got the phone call. Glad that all her pain had gone and she was at peace, but sad that the most wonderful person in my life had gone.

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Also just popped in to see how you are Slugsta, and to let you know I am thinking of you and yours xxxxx

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
6th day without fluids but no real change on Mum's condition. I'm staying at the CH overnight (have a nice mattress to go on the floor next to her bed) then coming home during the day for sleep, food and change of clothes.

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England
Hope you're doing reasonably well slugsta. That vigil must be taking it's toll on you.
Know you and mum are in my prayers

Last edited: