Neuropsychology results

tangled89

Sep 24, 2017
Evening all.
Just a quick question, I had a neuropsychological assessment on 30th August this year i am still waiting to see a copy of the report. Is it normal for it to have taken so long?

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
There's certainly no harm in chasing it up.

In our case the neuropsychology assessment for my husband took place over several months, with regular interviews/assessments held roughly once a fortnight, rather than a single assessment.

We received the report fairly quickly (within a couple of weeks) after the final assessment/interview had been held.

tangled89

Sep 24, 2017
My assessment was done in two 3 hour sessions. Thanks I'll chase it up it's just that my diagnosis is relying on this and they seem to be dragging their heels.

tangled89

Sep 24, 2017
Thanks John but it was the Psych department I spoke to the report hasn't been done yet. My consultant and i don't get along I wondered wether he was purposefully holding things up somehow, then I realised how paranoid that sounds. Damn dementia

Donkey Pam

Nov 3, 2017
Hertfordshire
Everything seems to take an age when you’re waiting! We had to wait a couple of months after M’s assessments till we got the consultants appointment. Now we are waiting for a copy of the report so I can send details to DVLA, although the consultant has confirmed early Alzheimer’s .