Saturday with Dad...

Nettynoo

Oct 5, 2017
Arrived at mum and dad's today to a very sleepy dad. Mum is looking better as she now goes to bed earlier, dad wakes her up every 2 hours. Dyed mums hair ready for a night at the bingo with my sisters. Shaved dad and told him he looked 10 years younger after all his stuble was shaved away, he even laughed.

Mum is coming to terms with dads dementia and is again amazing with him. I have cried everynight this week when in bed and feeling quite emotional.I guess i am still coming to terms with how dementia affects us all. At work i shared that dad had dementia and people were very supportive. But now when asked I don't or can't talk about it. Hope you are all ok x

Bassman.

Aug 31, 2015
Thanks for sharing your day Nettynoo .
We are all in this together and whilst I don't know your parents or you my Mother in my opinion we all need and care for one another and two days into entering this forum my perspective has totally changed and I feel much more confident going forward into the challenges ahead.
At my work it helped as I had a colleague who faced the same issues with his Dad and without knowing he has been a rock to me.
Tomorrow is another day and let's make sure we make it the best we possibly can.

Stay strong and keep very well.

Regards

Bassman

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
""But now when asked I don't or can't talk about it.""

Its because there`s no easy answer. @Nettynoo

There`ve been many posts on TP where people have answered `fine` simply to avoid long, emotional discussions. In face we all know no one is fine. They are just trying to live with it because they have no option.

Its good your mum is trying to get as much sleep as possible when it is possible. Sleep deprivation only adds to the agony.

No one will be surprised you are emotional.

Nettynoo

Oct 5, 2017
""But now when asked I don't or can't talk about it.""

Its because there`s no easy answer. @Nettynoo

There`ve been many posts on TP where people have answered `fine` simply to avoid long, emotional discussions. In face we all know no one is fine. They are just trying to live with it because they have no option.

Its good your mum is trying to get as much sleep as possible when it is possible. Sleep deprivation only adds to the agony.

No one will be surprised you are emotional.

Thanks Grannie G, x

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pescobar