Becoming my Mum's Carer...

HillyBilly

Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Storm Brian, wearing a new jumper knitted by his mum, went to play with the boys and girls in Ireland. Sadly, they didn't want to play with him! His jumper was the same colour as the jump-suit worn by Ophelia, a nasty bully, who had broken everyone's toys and and thrown things around just a few days before! Everyone thought Brian was going to be the same as Ophelia. They all took their toys and went indoors, leaving Brian crying all by himself!

:D Fabulous.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Ha ha @LadyA “... new jumper knitted by his mum ...”

My brother commented on storms being men & hurricanes being women today & was asking why that is.

I told him men throw their weight around, but achieve little, while a cross woman can be vicious... maybe that’s why :rolleyes:

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I don't know why they're named that way. Does seem odd! Not as odd as naming a storm "Brian" though! Maybe we can call the next one Cecil!!

HillyBilly

Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Has to be female the next one, I think, don't they alternate?
So...Cherry, Clarissa?
Cleopatra - that would be a fine name for a storm.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Ah. They are named male/female alternately. Last Winter, Angus was the first storm, so this Winter, a female name started storm season off - Aileen. We're having Brian now, so next up is Caroline. The public submit suggestions for names, and the British and Irish Met offices choose from the suggestions. Apparently, naming the storms makes a huge difference to the public awareness of the warnings etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tarydew