Another row...

Greenie Pie

May 31, 2017
Whilst living some kind of continual dance to avoid confrontation we seem to have landed not for first time in a war zone ....

The backstory ....my mother with dementia has trapped sons finger in stairlift . He is seven . Whilst they are both at fault. Both my husband and I were more concerned with son and finger ( which is ok). She is adamant we listened to her side of events ....my husband doesn't want to hear walks off . I later listen without comment. The story is fabricated and quite frankly my son is a more reliable witness. Whilst I can see her frustration I will not be drawn into this I just say it's an accident we move on and tell my son to stay clear.

Now my mother will not use stairlift whilst son in house ( we all live in same house) . So she ventures up and down stairs which she is very unsteady on . I have told her use the lift you will fall she refuses saying it's my fault if she falls.

She tonight wants a hot water bottle but neither I or my husband do it right she wants boiling water with a loose top so she can open !!! I go up to get the bottle to do she refuses and this will necessitate another up and down trip on stairs . I say use lift she refuses and I say well you not going up and down again on foot . This necessitates supervision and takes a good 35 minutes .
So. She goes without .

What to do - constant bloody battle all unfolding with my son around and taking so much time and energy
What to do ? Leave her on stairs or keep pursuing stairlift debate or what ?
Any ideas?

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
Oh, and you must all be tired now, it’s getting late. Can you take a kettle upstairs, just for tonight so it can be done without her coming downstairs? Poor little lad with the hurt finger...hope it all seems better and more manageable in the morning.

Greenie Pie

May 31, 2017
Oh, and you must all be tired now, it’s getting late. Can you take a kettle upstairs, just for tonight so it can be done without her coming downstairs? Poor little lad with the hurt finger...hope it all seems better and more manageable in the morning.
Thanks - funnily enough never thought of bringing kettle to her bizarre but true . It is all about her being in control of everything a huge charade to show that its all the same and completely "normal". My son is fine thanks and now shes back on the stair lift again she has forgotten why shes angry ... thanks for your reply G