Worried about John

andrear

Feb 13, 2008
Yorkshire
Hi Hazel. Just caught up with your thread. I am so sorry that this is happening to you. If I could send you a hug I would, but I am sending my positive thoughts on to you.
Please take care of yourself Hazel.
Love to you both
AndreaX

gill@anchorage5

Apr 29, 2007
Southampton
More Ups & Downs

Hello Hazel

Sorry to hear of the recent problems. This ****** illness is a real roller-coaster. I don't think any of us know what to expect next.

Thinking of you both.

With love

Gill x

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Dear Hazel
Hope by the time you read this John is alittle better.
I am sorry you feel down and hope that the sun is shining in Dumfries sometimes it helps.
If that does not work I hope you have a bag of sweets handy from Moffat;);)
Sorry if I sound fippant just trying to cheer you up, sending you much love.
Roseann

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thanks, folks.

Yes, the sun has been shining today for a change. John seems to be OK despite infections, and I'm feeling a bit better. I have to double my dose of thyroxine again tomorrow, two weeks since the last double, so hopefully I should start to feel the difference. UTI still hasn't cleared though, so I need to get back to GP about that!:eek:

It would be great if we could have some better weather, you're right, Roseann, it does make a difference.

And my favourite CN has been on duty all weekend, and that makes such a difference to the atmosphere in the unit.

Thanks so much for your concern. It's lovely to come online and find supportive messages.

Love to all,

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Hi Hazel,
I've been away for a few days & I'm just catching. I'm sorry the infections recurred - Mum and John do seem to have that in common.

Here is a hug from me - {{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}. You've had such a rough year.

Love,

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thanks again!:)

John's been in considerable pain from his heel today -- it seems to be painful when it's infected, it doesn't seem to bother him at other times.

They've had to ask for his antibiotics in liquid form -- John has always chewed pills, and these latest ones are very hard, and he can neither chew nor swallow them. He should get the new ones tomorrow.

Miracle of miracles, I managed to get an appointment to see the GP this morning, I've been trying for months! Got a new, much stronger antibiotic, so expect to be feeling pretty rough for a few days, but hopefully I'll be able to wave bye bye to my own infection in a week's time. Also got the new Thyroxine prescription sorted out, so I should be fighting fit by then!:D

I'm so sick of feeling ill!

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Hazel:

Keeping in touch with your thread. Hope all is well firstly with YOU and also John's infection.. What a pair you are!!!!
Take care Love Jan

fearful fiona

Apr 19, 2007
London
Dear Hazel,

Catching up on return from hols, so sorry to hear you have both been under par. Glad you managed to get appt with GP, let's hope you're better soon.

Much love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Hazel

All the worry of the past few months has certainly caught up with you. You sound very run down.

I do hope the new antibiotics take effect quickly and you`ll soon be feeling much better.

Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thanks, Jan, Connie, Fifi & Sylvia.

I'm so looking forward to having some energy again!:)

The GP said he'd walked past, and how good my garden was looking. He obviosly wasn't close enough to see the weeds!:eek:

Love,

andrear

Feb 13, 2008
Yorkshire
Hi Hazel
Hope your new medication kicks in real quick. Its awful starting new medication isn't it? When I started my last lot they made my stomache upset and I was so pleased when everything settled down again.
Keep on being strong Hazel. And I hope John's infections settle down quickly.
Hopefully you'll be fighting fit again very soon.
Love AndreaX

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Andrea

I'm feeling awful today, just want to stay in bed and sleep. But I think the tablets are already working, without going into graphic details some of the symptoms are less. I can cope with feeling awful if they're going to work.

A bit worried about driving, though, I'll see how i feel in a couple of hours.

Love,

andrear

Feb 13, 2008
Yorkshire
HI Hazel
Hope you feel better soon. So, if you want to stay in bed and sleep, why not do so? Sometimes a good old sleep can work wonders.
Forget about driving, like Sylvia says, get a taxi and save a bit on the stress level instead.
Love AndreaX

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Sylvia & Andrea

Thanks for the suggestion, the thought had never occurred to me! Not only that, but I didn't come back online until after my lunchtime visit!

Anyway, I'm back home, safe and sound, no accidents, and lots of sympathy from the staff, who said I looked like a ghost!:)

Feeling a bit more with-it now, but have done absolutely nothing all day!

Love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Hazel

I doubt drivers ever think of taking a taxi. But it`s common sense if you are under par, and it certainly sounds as if you are.

You aren`t the only one who has done nothing all day. Neither have we. We are both really tired from the events of yesterday.

We just have to listen to our bodies.

Love xx

andrear

Feb 13, 2008
Yorkshire
HI Hazel
Its funny really but here I am advising you to take a taxi, and I wouldn't have thought of that for myself!!
Hopefully you will start to feel more like yourself soon, and you will be buzzing with your usual enthusiasm again!!!
Love AndreaX