Clocks

perry

Aug 13, 2013
Hello,

Does anyone have any recommendations for clocks? There are so many on the market it seems, and whilst they all ultimately do the same thing, I want to make sure that my mum will have the most helpful one.
Obviously I'm looking for time, but also day of the week, time of the day (morning/afternoon/night etc).

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

mjw1304

Oct 9, 2017
If you search dementia day clock you will find them. We got one for mum that doesn't have time as she really doesn't need that much detail but just says "now it's Monday evening" the times are adjustable so you can decide what time night changes to morning etc. Mum loves hers, looks like a digital photo frame.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Be aware that whatever you choose may not last long.
Mum kept complaining that "people" kept changing her clock so that it wasnt right.................

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Be aware that whatever you choose may not last long.
Mum kept complaining that "people" kept changing her clock so that it wasnt right.................
In my case that was correct as the self-proclaimed "most well-known in the UK market" digital clock, showing day, date and time was more often several hours behind the actual time. So for example, it would show 3:30 am when I was making breakfast at 8:30. A quick off and back on solved this but only temporarily. What is the point in a dementia-friendly clock that doesn't keep the right time? My wife stopped reading it anyway so it is now put away in a cupboard. I couldn't recommend that brand (think of Day concatenated with Clocks, but with the ks replaced by x).

perry

Aug 13, 2013
That's great, thanks everyone.

mjw - I think that's a really good point, that the time isn't necessarily the most important thing. It's definitely the approximate time of day that I'm looking for. I wasn't aware you could buy some without the time!

canary - Ha! Well aware of that! My mum can be very stubborn and if she decides the clock isn't to her liking, it definitely won't be around long.

northumbrian k - Thanks for being specific, that's very helpful. The last thing I need is something working against her!

mjw1304

Oct 9, 2017
Hi Perry. I've not posted enough to post links but the one mum has came from:
Tell me now dot com (if you get my meaning)

Rosettastone57

Oct 27, 2016
Hello,

Does anyone have any recommendations for clocks? There are so many on the market it seems, and whilst they all ultimately do the same thing, I want to make sure that my mum will have the most helpful one.
Obviously I'm looking for time, but also day of the week, time of the day (morning/afternoon/night etc).

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
I got one of these day clocks for my mother-in-law which only says the day of the week . But to be honest it didn't last very long because now she hasn't got the initiative to even look at it . Personally I wouldn't spend too much money you anything

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
The only clock OH could cope with was a big red framed normal clock. Red to make it stand out. Digital clocks were just 'not there'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne-Marie14