going away

marmarlade

Jan 26, 2015
hubby died 6 months ago I am going away for a few days with my daughter and her friend.this is the first time I have been away for 55 years with out hubby,not sure how I feel about it ,
Im sure others have felt the same,but I suppose we must start some where without them.

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
hubby died 6 months ago I am going away for a few days with my daughter and her friend.this is the first time I have been away for 55 years with out hubby,not sure how I feel about it ,
Im sure others have felt the same,but I suppose we must start some where without them.
I am so glad you have lovely company ...and I really hope you have a good time. How proud your husband would be of you, this is a brave thing to do.

Jennyc

Oct 3, 2011
Kent
I am so glad you have lovely company ...and I really hope you have a good time. How proud your husband would be of you, this is a brave thing to do.

My husband also died six months ago, in March. Last month I went to visit my oldest sister in Canada, haven't been there since 1966, when I was 17 years old and just before I started going out with my husband-to-be on my return, as I turned 18.

It was lovely to spend time with my sister and her family - she in the meantime has been back here many times -but I felt extraordinarily sad from time to time during my visit, found it hard to chat easily with her friends and felt so aware that I was me on my own.

I've been home again for a few weeks, and suddenly I feel so much better, so much more alive, I can think of the past without it always bringing tears, there seems to be a point to life again and fun has come back from time to time! I think the break and change was a turning point, I can view the future more positively, and although I came home on a low, I think the complete change of scene for a while was in fact very healing.

Have a wonderful time with your daughter and her friend - and I hope the time spent will be to some extent healing for you too.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abc1234