I am so sick of adults attitude with AD/Dementia

andrear

Feb 13, 2008
Yorkshire
HI there
You certainly are an ace grandmother. Keep on fighting and don't let the Science Teacher win. He/she must learn about Dementia/AZ suffering. Perhaps ask that he/she reads out posts/replies.
Love AndreaX

Short girl

Mar 22, 2008
Hi

How utterly unprofessional of the Teacher in this case. I know that if my Son had this type of hassle, I think I would be storming into the school with steam coming out of my ears! Second thoughts, I would probably be fairly diplomatic rather than not being responsible for my actions! Perhaps the Teacher requires some further eduction?!

fearful fiona

Apr 19, 2007
London
Dear Christine,

Absolutely horrified to read this. Of all people - a teacher. Everyone else has already said what I think, just to give you my support. There are a lot of people who joke about this terrible illness, and anyone who does it in front of me gets the very special Fiona Frosty look, and believe me I can do frosty really well!

Good luck, I shall follow your story with interest.

Squibbs

May 13, 2008
Portsmouth, England
update?

Hello again Christine, I have been away on holiday but have thought several times about your origional post. Now the schools have broken up did you ever get any joy from your complaints to the school? I hope your grandaughter will find more help and understanding from wherever she moves on to in September. Sue

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Sorry for not keeping everyone up to date about my complaint but my eldest son - waiting to find out if he is in remission - Grandson who is off to Iraq gives 5 weeks notice for his wedding to Fiancee - Peter has gone down hill more - with my disability having big problems pains wise.

Had meeting with Deputy Head with Lauren present.
Deputy Head has parent with AD.
Lauren spoke for herself, outlines everything said .
Lauren left the office whilst Deputy Head and I spoke. As Lauren is already in the top Science class, never missed School, to which I replied, if it had been me I would have.
So this D.Head made an appointment for Lauren & Science Teacher for 1.40. All Lauren wanted was a face to face talk with him.
Lauren went to the appointment NO DEPUTY HEAD, NO SCIENCE TEACHER.
No message given to Lauren.
Now the School have broken up and they think it is all over but all the information ready for School Govenors.
My daughter sent in letter of complaint to no avail.
Lauren is attending a different School for 6th Form.
Now, if this School thinks it is the end of the matter, they are wrong.
I will continue for the future pupils.
There will also be a lot of information on AD/Dementia sent to the School.

If you hear on the news a woman has chained herself to the School gates, IT IS ME.

Best wishes
Christine

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Her Science Teacher, knows she is under stress worrying about her Grandfather and he keeps making horrible remarks about AD.

Just wondering what kind of remarks was her Science Teacher making?

Why was Science Teacher bring up AZ , Sorry if that sounds ignorant but as far as I know from my children pass schooling in Science I never remember them leaning about it.

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Margarita,

The Science Teacher was not explaining Alzheimer's/Dementia to them. If he had been teaching how the brain works it would have been different.

In fact Lauren has already given a talk to the whole of her year about AD and how it effects our lives.

I would rather not put into sentences the things said as I see it as being on the same par as him and I do not want to offend anyone.

Best wishes
Christine

feebee

Mar 17, 2007
Hi Christine, disgusting isn't it, bullying I would call it

I would definately go to your local paper ;)

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
Hi Christine,

I could just imagine the headteacher at my daughters school if this happened. It just wouldn't be tolerated. Disgusting.

Like everyone has said, take it to the top.

Making a complaint to your child's school - the process that will probably make something happen:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents...elopment/YourChildsWelfareAtSchool/DG_4016106

• Complaining to the governing body
  • Complaining to your local authority
  • Complaining to the Secretary of State
  • Complaining to Ofsted

Go for it!
Kind Regards
Craig