Relaxing Weekend

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
I too had a lovely day yesterday. Sometimes nice things do happen to help us cope.

We went to a Garden Party a fund raiser for Alzheimer's, the lady that gave it lost her husband a few years ago,and this has become an annual event in his memory.

She lives in a small Welsh village but the whole village it seems come out to support....there were fantastic cakes for afternoon tea, a raffle, guess the name of the garden gnome competition, guess how much money in a jar, and plants and homemade jams chutnies etc for sale.

An ex colleague of mine and her husband live in the village and came with us, we sat in the delightful garden and enjoyed tea and a chat from 2pm and left about 5pm it was so lovely and warm.

Would you believe I won first prize in the raffle a fantastic box of fruit about 15 varieties. Then our friends won the guess the money in the jar and the prize was £30 B&Q voucher.

After we left went back to our friends garden and had more tea and left about 7pm a most relaxing day for us both. Especially as Vic hadn't really wanted to go!

These lovely people actually didn't know Vic until after he was diagnosed and I really appreciate their thoughtfulness and kindness. :)

Perfect weekend for me really following on from seeing Mamma Mia on Saturday.

Linda x

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
hi Linda

It was so nice to read your post and I am glad that you and Vic had a lovely weekend. As for winning those prizes between you, I smell a rat:D At least all the fruit will do you good after all that cake!!

Alan and I have just been playing boulles on the garden in a feeble attempt to lose some of the weight I've put on having these nice times:D

Love to you

Helen

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It sounds lovely Linda.

We used to have fund raising summer fairs at my last Special School. We worked really hard to have as many attractions as possible and they were always well attended.
The parents said it was the one occasion the whole family could go out together and have a wonderful afternoon, without the special needs children being stared at.

They are great occasions.

Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Linda

Glad you had such a lovely weekend. The garden fete sounds idyllic, you were lucky to have such good weather.

All that and Mamma Mia too -- heaven!:)

Love,

andrear

Feb 13, 2008
Yorkshire
HI there Linda
Sounds like a good weekend was had by all. And for a good cause too. I bet the lady who gave the garden party was so pleased with the weather after all the showers recently. It really does make a better day for such events.
And after Mamma Mia too. Bliss!!
We had a relatively quiet weekend and finally got to enjoy some sunshine in the garden at last.
Love AndreaX