Like a Hyperactive toddler...

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Anne, I am so sorry to read this. Like others, I am glad you saw Rob and it was peaceful - I hope that will be some comfort in the times ahead.

I am glad your family are being supportive. Take good care of yourself xx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Love and hugs, Sheila. Such a difficult time for you with your health worries too. I'm glad the family are with you. xxx

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Dearest Sheila, I am so sorry to read your sad news so glad you have your family with you hope you can take comfort from them.
Gentle hugs. Xxx

RedLou

Jul 30, 2014
Sending condolences, Anne. I am glad your family are with you and that you are able to remember the pre-dementia Rob. Take care. x

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Sorry to hear about Rob, Anne. Nice to know you have your family rallying round, especially when you are poorly too. Best wishes and strength to you.

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
Oh, Anne...what sad news. I am so very pleased you had that precious last visit and that your son was with Rob. It is lovely that your family are with you now. Rest in peace, Rob. With love, Jean x

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Oh, RA, I'm so shocked to hear your news. Please accept my condolences. I'm glad you were able to see Rob and that your family is there. I hope all went as well as possible with your op this week, and that somehow you are able to get the rest you need and to look after yourself physically. Please know we are thinking of you and your family.

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Condolences Anne. I am so sorry about Rob and your health problem as well.
Good families are such a blessing, so glad you're were there to help you through

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Oh Anne, I am so sorry to read such sad news. Lost for words, almost, wanting to express relief that everything was peaceful and you were able to have that last visit, gladness that your family is there for you, and concern that somehow, at such a sad time, you are able to look after yourself after your surgery.

Sending you massive hugs and all my sympathy hun xxxxxx

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
We have come to the end of our Dementia journey. Rob died very peacefully last evening, and our younger son was with him.
When I visited Rob at the weekend he was at peace, and I think I sensed what might have been coming. The Care Home was wonderful, and I was confident that he was in the right place

My operation was on Monday, our younger son and his wife were coming to stay with me afterwards, and daughter in law came with me to the hospital and waited with me all day, as I was the last operation of the day.

The Care home notified my sister in law about Rob's decline, and unknown to me the family rallied. When I was released from hospital the following afternoon, they told me he was gravely ill, and we drove straight to see him. I held his hand and kissed his nose, and he was at peace. Then we went home, and after a quick meal our younger son went back to sit with his father. Our older son flew in from abroad, but his plane was delayed, and he got there about half an hour later.

So all the family are with me, and we spent the rest of the evening remembering the happy times...

Thinking of you. Buckets of squishy hugs xxxx

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I'm so sorry to hear your news, but thankful you had that kiss & felt his peace. Wishing you comfort & strength at this difficult time

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Such sad news Sheila , so sorry to read this . Glad your family are around you and you were able to give Rob that last kiss. Thinking of you xxxxxx

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
I am so sorry that Rob has passed, please accept my sincere condolences. I am glad that you were able to have that last visit, and that you knew he was finally at peace.

No-one could have given Rob more love and care than you did, working tirelessly to ensure he always had the best possible care.

Please take things very easy, it would be all-too easy to ignore your own health problems at such a difficult time. Please try to give yourself the same loving care that you gave Rob (((hugs)))

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976