But oh those lonely nights .........

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Scarlett, such good news about your lip and mammogram all clear. I'm sorry there isn't better news of Gloria though. xxx

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
I have had all my mammograms....I do suffer though because of my crocked shoulder, putting and holding your arm Just There has brought tears to my eyes before:mad:.... but thankfully ( as yet) they have always been clear. Lovely to see your photograph Scarlett. You are looking good Lady.x.x.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Good to catch up with you Scarlett - and your photo is lovely, you do look good! Also your young friend! :) :) Great news about your all clear concerning your lip and mammogram.

But very sad about Gloria, and her partner. Heart breaking for you to see her so ill. One feels so helpless to do anything to help.

The grandchildren grow up so quickly don't they, she does sound a good help to you and good company Good luck to her with driving!

You are often in my thoughts. Keep in touch.... Enjoy the not too hot summer remaining, we could count on the fingers of one hand the truly summer days up here this year. The nights are getting darker too quickly now, disappointing.

Love
Loo xxx

Casbow

Sep 3, 2013
Colchester
Hello Scarlett. I went looking for you as I realised that I hadn't seen a post from you in ages. Obviously I didn't look hard enough. So sorry to hear about your health worries and family sadness. I know how you feel about the evenings and nights. David is in a nursing home now and three and a half months later I feel I am kind of getting on with life. Nothing will ever be the same. I go to see him 4 days a week making sure that he never has more than one day without a visit from me. I always look forward to seeing him even though he doesn't know who I am. He is in a good place compared to how he was 2 months ago. Much calmer and to be honest away with the fairies. But there is nothing wrong with fairies.! I hate the evenings and cry at anything and everything. But i manage to go to sleep ok. I wake early and often have to force myself to stay in bed (awake) as there is no point in getting up too early. I feel your pain and don't know how I will manage when he is gone and I can no longer see him. I hope it will soon get easier for you and you get peace of mind and maybe be able to relax and sleep better. My love to you. xxxx

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Gloria now has a fantastic wig, which has brightened her spirits no end, and, praise be, she's gained a few pounds. As she lost nearly 5 stones, there's a long way to go, but small steps are the order of the day.

I'm now saying "getting on for 3 years", when people ask me how long it's been since John died, and I recently managed what I consider a Big Step - for me. I went to the Crematorium, with my grand-daughter, on our way back from somewhere else, and, for the first time, I didn't cry when I was there.

On Sunday, one of our choirs had an evening show to raise money for our local Hospice, and it was a huge success. We called it a "Black and Bling" night! We sang 37 songs from 27 different musicals, and I loved it. Here's a photo of me with some of my friends.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Ty again!

Attachments

• Dawn Chorus Bling! 1.JPG
    Dawn Chorus Bling! 1.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 525

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
So many older women are really beautiful,maybe ever more so than when they were young. Quite glamorous and sassy, you and your friends included.

Thank you for your kind comments. We were all teenagers in the 60s, and still make the effort to look "groomed"! Our concerts are a win-win-win situation. We all enjoy singing, the audience enjoy our songs, especially as they can join in, and we raise money for the Hospice.

Belonging to these 2 Community Choirs has done more to raise my spirits than anything else.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Thrilled!!!!!!

After a l-o-n-g battle, my darling friend Gloria has turned a corner. She has now gained nearly a stone, and though she still has a long path ahead, she feels things are improving, far more than we dared hope.

The worst side effect of the chemo, is that the nerve endings in her feet have been affected, and she either cannot feel them, or they feel cold, and she has been warned that this may be permanent.

She lives a good 10 minutes walk from the bus stop, and her area is serviced by one bus every hour or so, and her car was her lifeline, but she cannot drive, so this is a problem. But compared to the original prognosis, things are so very much better.

Her PET scan results were good, and she has an appointment next week when she'll find out how the situation regarding the "second cousin of TB", which she developed at about the same time as lymphoma.

You've all been so supportive that I thought you'd like an update.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Good news on a number of fronts. You must be so relieved about Gloria. I hope she finds a way to manage the inability to drive. Maybe she might be able to move somewhere more accessible to amenities.
Life does have a habit of throwing these hurdles doesn't it.x

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Lovely to hear from you Scarlett, especially with some good news about Gloria.

And how is Scarlett doing?

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Lovely to hear from you Scarlett, especially with some good news about Gloria.

And how is Scarlett doing?

Well like most of us, I have "up" days, and some days when I can easily nail a smile on my face, and can convince others that I'm fine, though I'm not, other days when things aren't so good, and really down days - but I can cope. :)

And that's what it's about - finding coping mechanisms. If the tears start, for no explicable reason, I do something, like some gardening, phoning a friend, giving Billy a cuddle (I don't know what I'd do without him), and if none of those work, I take myself to a Garden Centre and rashly buy a plant or 2. :D

Today's a lovely day. Grand-daughter came for 6 hours, son is Skypeing me later, then a bath, followed by Strictly - and a bar of chocolate. :D:D:D

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Haven't been on TP much lately, Scarlett but have often wondered how you are.
So pleased to hear that your lip has healed, that your mammogram was clear
and VERY relieved to hear about Gloria. Glad your granddaughter is still supporting you and well done for your fund raising concerts. Long may you continue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JL513