Eventful Week

pussycat

Jan 22, 2006
cheshire
Hello,

In the last week my wonderful mother died unexpectedly, a grandchild was born in Australia, I had an operation on both feet and am on crutches, and it is our Ruby wedding anniversary today, my beloved husband, who has early AD seems unaffected by any of these events and I just feel it is almost too much for one person to bear. I have cried so much there are no tears left.
I will be strong, just not today, today I want my husband as he was.

love to all pussycat

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh pussycat, apart from the birth of you grandchild, what a tragic week for you.

Please accept my sincere condolences on the death of your mother, congratulations on the birth of your grandchild, commiserations and best wishes for a speedy recovery following your surgery. Congratulations on your 40th. ruby wedding anniversary, and deep deep sympathy that your husband is unable to share the pleasure and the sorrow with you.
View attachment 3150
With love xx

Last edited:

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear pussycat

What an eventful week you've had. I'm not surprised you're crying, there is only so much one person can take.

Losing your mother would be enough on its own, and I'm so sorry for you. But the pain from your operation, and the lack of emotional support from your husband must make it so much worse.

We know he can't help the lack of empathy, it's part of his dementia, but that doesn't make it any easier to bear.

Even the birth of your grandchild is not without pain, because it emphasises the fact that your husband can't share your joy.

And your ruby wedding too! It's just agony piled on agony, a day that you should be celebrating together, but one of youdoesn't understand the significance.

Don't try to be strong today, no-one would expect it of you. Be good to yourself, come and chat on TP tonight, we all understand how you feel.

And in the meantime, some celebration roses from me.

Red roses.jpg

Love,

pussycat

Jan 22, 2006
cheshire
Thank you too Hazel, it is comforting to know there are people who understand how I feel, the roses are beautiful.

love pussycat

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Dear Pussycat
What a week you have had.
I am sending you much love, not much help I know but just to let you know you are not alone
Take care Roseann

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello there - just want to add to all the others (I cannot better their comments). You have had a terrible week - but just hang on to the joy of a new grandchild.

Keep posting as it may help to relieve all the tensions you must be feeling.

Thinking about you Love Jan

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Pussycat, I'm really sorry to hear you are feeling low and I send very sincere sympathy on the loss of your mother. Kind regards and best wishes from Deborah

pussycat

Jan 22, 2006
cheshire
Thanks to everyone for their kind thoughts, it really is a help. I know Jeff's lack of empathy is part of his illness but it doesn't make it any easier to know that, it just makes it seem all the worse, he was such a kind, gentle, thoughtful man. What a cruel illness it is.

Much love to all pussycat

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
I posted just last week on the lack of empathy and know just how you feel as my husband too was a kind, loving, caring, considerate gentle man. Now he is still gentle but lacks feeling.

Take pleasure in the new grandchild and focus on that.

I am so sorry for your other troubles but we are all here to listen.

Love Linda