Mum has received two unsolicited coins from the " London Mint Office"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evoque

Mar 14, 2017
My Mum has received two packets from the London Mint Office, both containing a commemorative coin and asking for money.

She won't have sent away for these, nor will she have rung up to order them - it's just not something she does these days.

The only scenario I can envisage is that THEY rang HER and got her to give them her name and address (the name is mis-spelled on one of the packages, so this must have happened twice) so they could send these items to her.

I am very annoyed.

To cancel, I will have to ring a number and get returns labels for these packages. Tempted not to cancel but to tell them to get stuffed if they start pursuing Mum for money.

Has anyone else had dealings with this lot?

Evoque

Mar 14, 2017
Just found this on a Money Saving Expert forum:

"Here is a free phone number for the London Mint - 0800 037 4321
Also here is a free returns address he London Mint Office, Freepost, RSJB-GYZL-SHTG, London, EC4Y 8DP (No Stamp Required).
hope this helps. "

I'm going to try that, but am posting it here in case anyone else has trouble with them.

dora

Aug 1, 2007
England
Scam alert

Just found this on a Money Saving Expert forum:

"Here is a free phone number for the London Mint - 0800 037 4321
Also here is a free returns address he London Mint Office, Freepost, RSJB-GYZL-SHTG, London, EC4Y 8DP (No Stamp Required).
hope this helps. "

I'm going to try that, but am posting it here in case anyone else has trouble with them.

This is a scam

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2018327

I would advise you DONT phone - this is probably a high cost line.
If these are unsolicited, then you have no obligation to return them.

Contact your local council trading standards.

LongDistanceCarer10

Jan 5, 2020
I would not trust this company. They target elderly vulnerable people by sending unsolicited items, followed by an invoice a few weeks later, then a red letter, then debt collection agency. They have targeted my aunt and now reported to Trading Standards and police but nothing seems to stop them

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
Oops just noticed this is an old thread so have deleted my post! However for anyone else who may be unfortunate enough to have any dealings with them, do as @LongDistanceCarer10 suggests. Be very aware.

Last edited:

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
We had issues with a genuine charity who would send unsolicited raffle tickets through the mail and then start hassling for payment and ticket butts. Now when they arrive and other genuine chariites mail (all spending huge sums of money on this stuff) I write Return to Sender on them unopened and stick them back in the mailbox.

I figured that if we all did this, they might get the message. One that I hated was the Guide Dogs who would send things like Christmas cards to you, hoping that you would feel so guilty that you would pay up. Interesting that they no longer send this stuff to me because I guess they have discovered that I wasn't going to cave in. I think Guide Dogs do a great job but I don't have to like their methods of fund raising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tori_75