Had enough today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Morning Ladies,
Oh what an imagine you have planted Lavender:D
Rosy do hope you manage to get to singing today. Your Mum must need this rest and at least she is comfortable and not stressed in anyway.
How are you Harryd hope you had a good journey home, but you could have taken this rain back with you it feels like a Winters morning this morning.
Pollytickle so sorry your Mum's starting with hallucinations, its so terrifying for them and for the people watching. My Mum suffered with them, at first nice friendly ones then bad ones, I think that was the worst part of dementia. Upping Lorazapan eased them for a short while.
Marnie hope things get moving today for you both.
Hope the week start good for you all xx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
William also suffered hallucinations & delusions. Quite horrific ones. Only a hefty dose of risperidone, trazadone and Exelon calmed things down and dealt with them and his agitation.

Marnie63

Dec 26, 2015
Hampshire
Mum was on this same ward nearly two years ago and the number of staff compared to then is frighteningly low. The level of care is much reduced as well. Based on what I've seen here, I would say the system is close to collapse.

The noisy and abusive woman kept everyone awake to midnight apparently and then started again at 5. Mum is so tired she's talking nonsense and keeps shouting out. Blasted woman, I know it's not her fault, but neither is it fair on the other patients. Dreadful.

And while I'm at it, the staff behave so unprofessionally at times. On mobiles, taking personal calls, messing around. Just seems wrong to me. I wouldn't have dreamed of behaving that way in the jobs I did, and I only dealt with paper mostly, not people!

If there was ever an incentive to take out private healthcare, this is it.

Equipment supposed to arrive at home tomorrow, but I have no idea how I'll cope, the carers will have to guide me.

Can't believe this is happening to me.

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Aw Marnie things will look different when you get your Mum home and the carers will guide you through everything . It's the strain of being at hospital every day and seeing all that SHOUDN'T be happening with the staff .When you think how professional you were in your own working life it really makes your blood boil. I'm praying you are able to get everything sorted out and ready for your dear Mum to get home but do make sure everything is ready and you feel able to care for your Mum. Have you got the full package re carers that you are entitled to or could you get a few more hours.
Hoping the next few days prove to be productive for you both. Xx

Well got Mum to singing ...just...I was up and ready and at 9.20 Mum finally woke up and as getting ready is done at a snails pace we just made 11am when the singing starts, missed the drinks beforehand, Mums mood is mixed now if a song is being done that she doesn't know she starts to get anxious so I have to settle and cajole her into staying put.Really not too sure how long we can continue going. Needless to say she is fast asleep now. On arrival home got the usual...we can't go in there that's not our house but good news is Mums had egg on toast.....cheese /tomato sandwich and a piece of chocolate cake talk about feast or famine.

Hope everyone's having a good day xx

Pollytickle

Nov 15, 2015
When you think of how the various governments have baloogad about with education, NHS, armed & emergency services, et al...I don't think I would want to be an enthusiastic & engaged employee either :mad: It's bluddin lunacy to treat any service worker with scant regard, but it's all of us who have to suffer the sharp end of political decisions :(

I have to confess to not always following what I preach though :eek: The midwife attending with my first labour told me "to breeeeeath through the contractions" I got so fed up I told her I WAS bleeping breathing: I'd be dead if I wasn't :mad: The day after I apologised & she said "oh that was mild to what I usually get, and you were very astute with your opposing argument" :p

I don't think it helps that dementia is not the sort of illness that invokes empathy in the general public ; everyone has heard of it, but until you have personal experience no-one can understand the living hell that becomes 'normal' for those who are involved in the care for these poor souls.

Here endeth today's political rally :D

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
Oh Lavender, your comments and updates about your mum make my day. I know for you it's a nightmare but it brings back so many memories of my mum.

Good, I want people to have a chuckle.

There's really nothing funny about dementia, but if I couldn't find some humour in it I think I'd go under and need to be in a darkened room with a cushioned floor so I could sit on it and rock. I'm not up for doing that, my knees wouldn't like getting back up again if I was down there long enough, so the humour has to be found.

If I have to laugh I can't see any reason not to pass a little bit of it along. Your mum sounds very similar to mine, another lady of spirit though I have other less polite phrases for mum at times I'm afraid. X

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Morning Ladies,
Well Winter as arrived here I think, dark cold and raining:(
Hope its better where you are.
How are things Marnie, hope the equipment installation goes smoothly, at least you will be able to have your Mum home soon.
Hugs to you all xx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Not cold here, but there was very heavy rain all night, and still drizzling this morning. Sky is starting to clear now though. It's 13C at the moment.

Marnie63

Dec 26, 2015
Hampshire
We think (me and the docs) that mum may have had another stroke. She varied between lively and unresponsive yesterday and this morning when I arrived on the ward she was very slurry and kept saying she was scared and wanted to give me a kiss. If she's slowly dying then I'm not sure really what to do next. I'd really like me and her to be somewhere quiet now, not in this noisy hospital, and especially not next to abusive woman and now a new woman opposite who seems to think she warrants VIP treatment. I know that's unfair of me, but I want mum to die in peace.

I think this is it, or we're getting closer.

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Oh Marnie bless you both, could you not ask for a quieter room, or would it be too much to have her brought home.
Thinking of you, she may pull through again sometimes one stroke leads to another and then none for ages. Warm hugs to you both xx

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
Marnie you poor thing. I agree with Jorgie, talk to the staff, your mum isn't in an appropriate environment. We all know the lady who is abusive cannot help her behaviour, but you and your mum don't need the stress of having her close by just now. Sending you a supportive (((hug))). Amanda x

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Sending you a hug, Marnie. And I agree, talk to the staff. You and your mum both deserve a bit of dignity and peace. xx

Harrys daughter

Jul 12, 2016
We think (me and the docs) that mum may have had another stroke. She varied between lively and unresponsive yesterday and this morning when I arrived on the ward she was very slurry and kept saying she was scared and wanted to give me a kiss. If she's slowly dying then I'm not sure really what to do next. I'd really like me and her to be somewhere quiet now, not in this noisy hospital, and especially not next to abusive woman and now a new woman opposite who seems to think she warrants VIP treatment. I know that's unfair of me, but I want mum to die in peace.

I think this is it, or we're getting closer.
Just thought about this remember she is your mum and if you want to go home tell them don't ask especially if you think her end is close you are in control here follow your heart here you won't regret it xxx

Harrys daughter

Jul 12, 2016
Yes jp got home safe washing all done back to childminding and I don't mind telling you all I carnt bl@@dy wait for school to open tomorrow if had enough of lippy monkeys don't know why teachers need training days when thay just had 7wks off to train
Rosy so glad you made singing was there any eye candy
Hi lavender hope your wk is good
And hi to everyone else x
Lots of rain here I love it we of to soft play now time for loads of screeming monkey's there is a reason it's called jungle madness

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Ha Ha Harryd I remember those days so well when grandchildren were small.
Both mine went off to school today only for one to be sent back home as its the wrong day he his back tomorrow:confused: A phone call from him asking if he could have another day here with me whilst his brother is at school. We are watching a film whilst the rain is hurdling down.
Have you started looking for the Liverpool trip for next Month yet;)

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Aw Marnie like everyone else has suggested if you feel you need to get your Mum home tell the staff. You definitely need private time together in a calm environment
Thinking of you both and praying that God takes good care of your Mum . she's strong Marnie she may pull through (((hugs)))xxxx

Marnie63

Dec 26, 2015
Hampshire
Thanks for the support everyone, it means a lot. So now we have two noisy/difficult/demanding ladies around mum and the fourth lady, who used to wave to mum (and I'm sure give her some reassurance when I wasn't here) and who used to keep an eye out for mum and report back to me, has been moved to another bay. Bummer. I threw another wobbly this morning because of all the noise (and because I thought mum was on the way out) and we are apparently waiting for a side room. This hospital ward is driving me crazier than the dementia ever did. Just went and banged my head on the wall. This is sheer hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan