PIP Assessment

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Bit like filling in all the relevant forms! Tell it as it us on the worst day, what you (?) can/ cannot do, any night time disturbance. Just think of the worst day you could possibly have!
The lady I had ( I don't have dementia, btw) was quite human and sympathetic and listened. She had a lot of info on her computer which seemed to answer some of the questions she would have asked me. Not sure if this always happens!
Good luck.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
If you have any realevent paper work to support your claim i.e. Hospital and doctors reports etc have them to hand always useful to back up what you are telling them..

Everton Annie

Feb 25, 2015
Hatfield Hertfordshire
Be realistic about your lives together. Sometimes our lives become normalised because we are used to the way we now have to live. Worth reminding yourself that most people don't have to be hypervigilant to keep their partners safe all day so tell them the kind of things that might happen. If for example your partner is anxious about people in the house rather than saying he has paranoid delusions you could just say he is anxious about people who appear to be in or have left the house. If they have read your form properly they should be aware of what you are saying. It avoids you having to be direct but acknowledges your partner's fears. Not sure I have made much sense sorry. I would also ask what expertise they have to find out where their speciality lies. Useful if you need to go to appeal. Don't forget the mobility aspect if your partner is not an independent traveller then have an example in mind. In order to get the enhanced daily rate you need to demonstrate the help and care, prompting or guidance he needs throughout the day and night. A lot depends where your partner is in his condition. Good luck

Early Girlie

Jul 5, 2015
St Albans
Thanks for all your comments. We saw a lovely nurse who seemed extremely supportive. It's true what you say about life becoming normalised. When I read back over the application form I'd forgotten half the points I made because they are so everyday now.

I should have asked for a home visit too, instead of dragging him on a train journey. He was nearly in tears when we arrived. It is taking a lot to get used to drawing on the support that's available, and I forget that we can't do anywhere near as much as we were used to, and everything we can do, takes 3 times as long.

So now we wait and see. Keep everything crossed for us please!

EG

Early Girlie

Jul 5, 2015
St Albans
Good news, folks. We were awarded the enhanced level for both Daily Living and Mobility! That will be a great help. Next step, council tax rebate!

EG

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
really good news Early Girlie
that must be a weight off your minds
and the Council Tax disregard should go through now with no questions asked
best wishes