Mum didn't go to Day Centre despite being ready!!!

julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
Leicestershire
I am going to scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mum was supposed to go to Day Centre on Monday- morning care worker goes in early to get mum ready. Leaves at 8.30- mum has had her tablets, breakfast and is suitabley dressed for the day. Bus turns up at 9 am and she tells him to go as "she is not ready". BUT no one rang me to tell me mum had not gone- she just dropped it casually into conversation to Ian last night that she didn't go as she wasn't ready as the care worker was late. She was early!!! I have had one hell of a job in a) getting mum to go and b)finding one to suit mum on a day to suit us.
They had all my contact numbers so why did someone not call me and I would have driven the 20 miles over picked her up and dropped her off at it!!!She assures me she will go next week and she will(even if I have to take her) the thing is she LOVES it there and has a whale of a time??

Rant over- not a good day- just had to get the young lad across the road with a car full of speakers to turn his music off as my 8 month old is trying to sleep.

Julie and sleeping Erin xx

Last edited:

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Julie,
I have been down that road when my husband was at home.
Took ages to get him into the right Day Centre for the under 65's which was bad enough. Peter already - knock at the door to collect him and he would refuse to go.
Angry yes, frustrated yes, wanting to through in the towel.
Then having to watch over Peter because he would not go.
I do hope that next time your Mum does go.
I wish you well.
Christine

Ruby

Oct 25, 2005
Australia
This sounds familiar. Mum had a volunteer pick her up and take her to the day centre but if things went a little wrong that morning, she'd refuse to go. (Though like your mum, she loved it there.)

If there wasn't a gap between the care worker leaving and the volunteer arriving, there was no problem. So the care worker could help her get out the door. It didn't always work but did more often than not.

Glad you could have a bit of sound off. We spend a lot of time finely managing this stuff, don't we?

You're not alone!

Cheers
R x

julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
Leicestershire
Mum will go to the Day Centre!!(Ball)

:confused:Ian has spoken to Day Centre and if mum tries this again I will be called if she refuses to get on bus-day centre say Mum phoned and told them she didn't go as she was unwell- phoned mum and asked her what was wrong as the day centre said that she was unwell- Said that she was fine and didn't go because she wasn't ready!! She was!!! I live 20 mins away so I will drive over and take her myself if this happens again. Mum had had a good morning according to the careworker who is great with her. I had a few sharp words with her-she tells me she will go next week- only time will tell!

Julie x