A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Dear Slivia,
I hope it work's out for you both XX
When we were out this pm, got a call from an occupational therapist ??
Want's to speak to us, ???
I know somthing need's to be done for Ron, but S-d me, I do not know what to do. Sad, Sad, Sad and if I could show you all how I rearly feel, I would. OK, this is a bit like my brain at the moment "7*^54345===???@@'''~~~Z ??.
I am sure you all understand.
because, I think that is about as near as I can get to how Ron Feel'sXX555%%%^7*9 love Ron XX
Barb XX

andrear

Feb 13, 2008
Yorkshire
HI Sylvia
I hope it works out well for you and Dhiren next Monday. If Dhiren is happy then you will be able to relax just a while. You need this as much as Dhiren does.
Love AndreaX

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Andrea

I just hope I can get him up in time for pick up at 9am. He is still fast asleep now.
Love xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
A phone call this morning from C****, one from the Mental Health Team [MTH] who visited on 23rd June.

All is in order for Dhiren to start at the Day Centre next Monday. As C**** will be the one who will be supporting him during the first few sessions, she would like to pay a couple of visits to get to know him.

The first visit will be tomorrow afternoon.

I am impressed.

Last edited:

hendy

Feb 20, 2008
West Yorkshire
Dear Sylvia
This is good news for you both, I do hope the day centre works out it will be so good for Dhiren. Hope the visits go well. I am sorry Dhiren has lost his interest in tennis and football. I think it is inevitable, it happened to dad also. He used to love watching sports of all kinds on the TV. It was so sad when he could no longer watch any sport with enthusiasm.
I am wishing you both well for Monday.
take care
hendy

Christinec

Aug 8, 2007
Hi Sylvia,
I am so pleased that the day care is going to be available. it is good when the system is able to give the support it should.

Sure both of you will benefit and wishing you all the best for next week.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
He was so touched and grateful that C**** is coming to meet him tomorrow, he has put his clean clothes out on the spare bed in readiness.:)

It has been interesting today.
We had a very relaxing and easy day. We stayed at home, and spent the day in the garden. We had lunch , read the papers, listened to the radio and were outdoors from 11am. until 5pm. We even went out for a further half hour after dinner.

Sundowning lasted a very short time, just a short discussion about India and the seaside. How we lived by the sea but in India they would have to go to Blackpool or Southport if they wanted to see the sea.

But he has been so calm, no agitation, no anxiety. I wonder if it was due to the way we spent the day. There was nothing to confuse or cause anxiety or overtire him.

May

Oct 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hi Sylvia

So glad the day centre will be available for Dhiren. Am very impressed that he will be supported there to start with, that must give him a better chance of settling with a new routine. Wishing you both well for D - day next week. ;)

a bit like my brain at the moment "7*^54345===???@@'''~~~Z ??.
I am sure you all understand.

Barb, we sure do, I think you have a perfect description there.:eek:
Take care

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
A phone call this morning from C****, one from the Mental Health Team [MTH] who visited on 23rd June.

All is in order for Dhiren to start at the Day Centre next Monday. As C**** will be the one who will be supporting him during the first few sessions, she would like to pay a couple of visits to get to know him.

The first visit will be tomorrow afternoon.

I am impressed.

Hi Sylvia

I am also impressed.

I thought our MHT were good, but it makes great sense to get to know Dhiren before the daycare visit
hope for your sake all goes well

Love
Alfjess

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Just dropping by to say I wish you another calm day today.
Maybe it's just as well Dhiren isn't taking an interest in the tennis, it is now 'rain stops play' as is more usual!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
He is all ready for tennis today. It just shows how things change from one day to the next. When it starts I will watch it with him to help him understand the scores.

Meanwhile we have had a lovely visit rom C****. Dhiren likes her. She will visit again on Friday afternoon and be at the centre on Monday to meet him and stay with him.
He joined in some of the chat and was more accepting than I ever could have hoped for.

He is excited about Monday.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Sylvia,

Dhiren does seem to be settling down and more accepting...Manchester and Wallet ...are they forgotten?

I sincerely hope that the Day Centre works out...for both your sakes...
Your Mental Health Team sound to be on the ball...

As Lynne posted....
Sylvia, I think we are ALL excited about Monday!

Everything crossed...:)

Love gigi xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Gigi

Dhiren and I were talking yesterday about India and how some people would never see the sea. He said they would need to go to Blackpool or Southport to do so........and left it at that. So the confusion is there but with less anxiety.

Actually I feel his stay in hospital might have done me a favour as he is now relating to me much more posiitively, and wants to stay here.

He is going through sundowning right now, but instead of fighting to go away, once he has been reassured this is his home, is relieved. He said there is no-one left for him in Manchester or India and he doesn`t need to go there.

He still `loses` his wallet but much less frequently.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Sylvia,

Actually I feel his stay in hospital might have done me a favour as he is now relating to me much more posiitively, and wants to stay here.

That is so good to hear..you and Dhiren have been through such a lot ...I do hope you're entering a phase of calm and acceptance.

Love gigi xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Tiredness and confusion

After a couple of very peaceful days at home, he decided to come out with me today.

We took a bus to the High Street, did some shopping and then went to a local hotel for coffee.
We sat on the balcony of the hotel overlooking the sea. It was so pleasant we decided to stay for a light lunch. In all we were out for about three hours.

He is now so tired he has become challenging and resentful.

About his pension...how he gets it...why I take it without his permission....or perhaps the bank is stealing it from him.
About his money....how do I know how much money he has in his wallet. Do I count it when he is not looking.
About this house....what right have I to live in his house.
About his Alzheimers.....why won`t I let him see a doctor.

So do we stay at home for the rest of our lives or do we risk tiredness and go out.

andrear

Feb 13, 2008
Yorkshire
Hi Sylvia
Go out and keep on going out until you feel that you no longer want to go.
It really amazes me how our loved ones can change within a couple of hours. One minute OK then the next.....
Love to you
AndreaX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB2CAN