Had enough today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Big hug to you, HD! I do hope you manage to get a kitten. Devon Rex are gorgeous, although I've only had stray moggies! And I've not gotten another since my last one died. I keep getting tempted though, by all the homeless cats & kittens looking for new homes through our local rescue and vet clinic! So who knows? I might yet. They are a tie though, pets.

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
Oh, rosy, just sending you warm tight hugs. X

I hope the weekend is manageable, for you and everyone here.

Hug xxx

Pollytickle

Nov 15, 2015
Oh I don't know HD :confused: I was having a lovely quiet moment with one pusstat earlier when, she decided to change position ( she likes laying on my chest ) & I got a closer look of her behind than I would prefer at this time of the morning :eek:

Then t'other pusstat - she likes to lay beside me rather than ON me :p - got the hump because I wasn't paying her any attention so I started to give her a little ear-scratch when, up she jumps, has a circle on the spot, flumps down again & starts to preen HER nether regions!!!

Are they trying to tell me something :confused: :p

WORRIER123

Oct 1, 2015
Morning lovely ladies
Cursed and swore as I did washing and a stray tissue caused a snow storm. Dad used to curse me for doing it and now I know why
Boyfriend had call with therapy team but 18 week wait for a counsellor so I called them pleaded and she said all I can do is call GP day he is a risk and will get fast tracked so that's my plan Monday
He went to his work to see HR and his manager and they suggested when he is ready to come back reduced days and hours and tasks. He felt better and his friend took him out for a curry. Fingers crossed he will get over this
Love to u all.
Any suggestions for unwanted unopened pull up pants they were great not a leak but seems a shame to dump and can't find a home x

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Morning lovely ladies
Cursed and swore as I did washing and a stray tissue caused a snow storm. Dad used to curse me for doing it and now I know why
Boyfriend had call with therapy team but 18 week wait for a counsellor so I called them pleaded and she said all I can do is call GP day he is a risk and will get fast tracked so that's my plan Monday
He went to his work to see HR and his manager and they suggested when he is ready to come back reduced days and hours and tasks. He felt better and his friend took him out for a curry. Fingers crossed he will get over this
Love to u all.
Any suggestions for unwanted unopened pull up pants they were great not a leak but seems a shame to dump and can't find a home x

Would a Day Centre not take them? Or by golly, you could try sell them on ebay?

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
Morning all.

Glad to see you post HD. Hope a new kitten will help you, I know a new friend to love changes nothing, but he or she will give a different focus.

Rosy I hope your mum ate a little more and that you both got some sleep.

Worrier well done for finding out about the fast track way towards help for your BF otherwise the delay is just unfair.

All is peaceful here. Mum is ignoring the money, that obsession seems to have gone. She seems disinterested in it. Maybe that means I've met her need. Maybe she knows she has money so doesn't need to obsess. Who knows.

Things are good with mum, but she can still act true to form. There was one incident yesterday and that was only verbal (just one woohoo). Mum got into dispute by trying to take someone else's walker. Staff intervened and showed mum her walker which I decorated last week to stand out. Mum's answer was yes I know that's mine, but I have two. So from totally rejecting the walker she now feels she has two. Trust mum. X

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Morning Ladies,
Oh Lavender your Mum dose make me have a little giggle:D At least she sounds a lot more calmer.
Rosy hope you and your Mum have had a peaceful night x
Molly hugs x
The sun is shining here, hope it is were you all are. xxx

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
I went in to see mum this afternoon. I met one of the regular student nurses as I was walking onto the ward, she said mum had been unsettled and had grabbed her arm and that of one of the nurses, think in terms of a chinese burn.

I barely stayed and hour. Mum was sleepy, but fixated on getting out. Not a great combination. There were tears when I was leaving because she wanted to go too. I got told to you know what off and I left. It sounds heartless, but to stay can just wind her up more. Sometimes my presence doesn't help and I think today was just one of those days. X

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Hugs appreciated Thank you xxxx
Our Priest brought us communion today but Mum slept through it all then my cousin and his wife came and after Mum had said Hello, (not too sure who they were) and telling them it was cold despite the fire on and Mum having a heated throw over her she then continued sleeping. Carer came at 5pm and just before 6 we took Mum to bed where she's still fast asleep thankfully peacefully, no shouting or babbling or reaching out so fingers crossed a calm night.

Tried sweet things Lavender today Mums had a soft poached egg on a sandwich with crust off so all soft to eat and a slither of chocolate cake with double cream that's it. Just trying to get some fluids in as well everytime she stirs.
Have to say Lavender I always smile when I read your post on your Mums activities xx

Torrential rain here this afternoon and tonight hope you've got better weather where you Ladies are.xx

Harrys daughter

Jul 12, 2016
Hi lavender think you had the best idea to leave you see all the signs don't you but you do make me giggle with your mum's antics xx
Rosy hope you get the rest you need and your mum's tumy is more settled again I went through something similar with my dad it always left him so tied xx
Hi jorgie how is your sister have you had a busy day xx
Hi worrier yes I think it does get harder but it's very early days 4 you xx
Hi marnie whats your wk end been like have you managed a rest xx
Hi ladyA hilly Billy pollytickle and Molly hugs to you all
Sorry if iv missed anyone xx

Yuk school holidays why do teachers need holidays !
....but only 6 more sleeps till I visit the kitty's
Nite nite all xx

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
We've got rain down here too Rosy, it started around 4ish and hasn't stopped.

Glad your mum had a little something to eat and that she's been peacefully sleeping. It must be so stressful worrying and watching. (((hugs))).

I chuckle at mums antics too. She is very funny at times and if the smile extends to you and Jorgie I'm glad. We all need a little humour to see us through. X

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
Glad you chuckle at mums antics HD. She's a one at times. A proper madam!

Grief is such an odd thing isn't it. I regularly wish mum would slip away before any more indignities are heaped upon her yet I know I'll be in pieces when it happens. There's really no way to bypass all the feelings and it's a positive thing to grieve now and for as long as it takes. I think I told you my dad passed away when I was 20 and it was years later when I grieved. Not the best way to do things. Grieving as you are is much healthier than storing it up even though I bet it feels nothing like that now.

I think it's lovely that you are getting excited about seeing the kittens and I hope that just the right one is waiting for you to become his or her new mum. I think a new kitten could help a lot, someone new who needs you completely. I'm sure Seth would agree and that he's willing you just the right new furbaby. X

Marnie63

Dec 26, 2015
Hampshire
Morning everyone. Thought I'd pop on here before we start our daily routine :)

Good to hear from you again HD, but sorry to hear you're still struggling so much. Hopefully in time things will get a little easier for you, and hopefully the kitten will help somewhat.

Lavender - I thought of you when I read the latest copy of the Alz Society mag - they were advertising lots of very pointy looking play things! I too hope mum slips away quietly before the later stages of this disease hit her. I don't want to see it and I don't want to see her going through it. I really hope we are both spared it. The reality is very stark - I can't really start living my life properly again until mum dies. It's a very unpleasant fact, but a fact it is. A good friend of mine - her mother had Parkinsons and then at the end some dementia - her mum lasted a few years in a home, bed bound. My friend used to say it would be better if she slipped away, I didn't understand that sentiment then, and used to be quite shocked, but now I do sadly.

Mum is still calm and sleeping at night. I would say that she has been stable now for nearly a year. Maybe this is how this dreaded VaD is affecting her. If it was a TIA, maybe it did the damage and that was that, but I guess the chances are that she'll have another at some stage, then I don't know where we'll be. She still hates the carer being here, but I have kind of got used to that - the carer doesn't seem too upset about it! We've got two weeks coming up without the carer. She's on holiday, and I don't want anyone else coming and upsetting the applecart. Fortunately she's off for a week, then working a week, then off for another week, so not two weeks solid.

I think I'm OK, but started doing something recently which I guess you would class as 'self harm'. I'm shocked even writing that! Nothing too serious - I looked it up, and it seems a common thing. I won't be doing it again as it left me with very bad headaches last time and I was very worried. I guess the frustration just had to be vented somewhere, but I'm going to have to find something else to hit.

Hope everyone is doing OK. Not looking forward to the winter - darker days and longer days spent at home, cooped up with this dreadful situation.

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Morning Ladies,
Rosy hope your Mum is peaceful this morning x Lavender look forward to this weeks antics from your Mum, bless her:D
Marnie don't worry about the term 'self harming' both Harryd and myself were only talking and saying we have both turned to food for comfort and both put three stone on, surly that's classed as 'self harming' in someway:confused:
HarryD thank you for asking, my SIL is on the mend and all the infection as cleared in her knee, thank goodness, we go away in seven weeks:cool:
Hope the week start good for you all, it as been raining all night and forecast for all day:(
Hugs to everyone else xx

Status
Not open for further replies.